House Hunting

Hello ALL,
I hope this is the correct place to post. My wife and i are looking to buy a house in France. We only speak a little French and have no interest in learning more, so we are looking for an area that's got lots of Scotish (English) speaking services. We only have about €350,000 to spend so we may have to give the Cote d'Azur a miss. We want a good size house with a pool. Any pointer on good areas we could look at.

It would be nice to be close to the coast. We only plan to use the house for 6 months of the year ( British Winter) so the further south the better.
Many Thanks,
Bob and Gloria ( Glasgow)

(Post edited under the terms of the site's code of conduct to remove two sentences)

Sorry, but I am always appalled by anyone wanting to live in a foreign country and not learn the language at least to speak to the best of their ability. Colonialism comes to mind.

Yes you will be able to buy somewhere, I don't know where brit enclaves will be, and personally would avoid them like the plague.

There are maghrebans all over France, and maybe french muslims would have more good sense than to want to live where you fancy anyway.

It is a while since I have felt the personal need to write such a reply. I long while since a post has left me feeling so disturbed.

So mods is it a stayer or a goer this thread? If it goes I shall not be sorry.

EDIT

Now I've posted I see that the original post has been edited now.

Personally I would rather that you delete the whole post than now start playing with my post as I was simply commenting on the statements made in the 'original unedited post'.

Scots... - Are you really serious or trying to get us going..??  If you are serious, what is it that makes you want to spend 6 months in France?  Your answer could, perhaps, help us advise a particular area.  Large house with pool and lots of English speaking services for 350,000 Euros could be had in a number of countries...?

I did not see the original post before it was edited, but Boiling a Frog have you noticed that they are not Scottish, but Scotish, which speaks for itself.  They would like to be close to the coast, if they are close enough they won't need a pool !

We have had Irish, Welsh, now Scots, what next (in the "Newbies") ?      

[quote]Hello ALL, I hope this is the correct place to post. My wife and i are looking to buy a house in France. We only speak a little French and have no interest in learning more, so we are looking for an a...[/quote]

Sounds to us like you need to look at Australia, anywhere north of Perth on the Western coast.

Aileen and Dave

Sounds like a cue for Albert to drop in!

So, in eager anticipation I'll ask Albert again the question he keeps avoiding. If Troll is a contraction of Trolsky, where does the extra l come from?

I never saw the deleted sentences (can anyone pm me with the gist)

Oanywey, A've seen ainough tae ken dobber Boab's a fake weedgie bam. Hincks 'e's gallus 'n'aw, aye richt. Boaby d'ya nae ken ra word fir 'e leid is Scots. Awa 'n' bile yir heid ya glaicit numpty.

Likewise, I've heard the phrase "A couple more Johns and we'll have a public toilet" more times than I care to mention.

I know somebody with the surname of Pratt. Knew someone with a surname of Whally. They live the misuse of their name... but then, they are not Trolls.