Funny website about France...?

Ty Korrigan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anger and hate, in my opinion, are never funny.

You can laugh at this rubbish as much as you want, I just hope that it's never you on the receiving end. Probably wouldn't find it so amusing, then.

So, TU, you can insult and lie as much as you like if it reinforces your prejudices? Hmm. Had that problem in Germany a while ago...

Not big and not clever.

Have to agree with Dick here.  I could get over the obscenities if it wasn't just a site full of badly written drivel.  It seems to me that the contributors are totally unable to string a sentance together and that's probably why they link phrases together with plenty of F***s and C***s - they have a serious lack of any other kind of vocabulary.

A sad indictment of American education and media influence? I don't know. But I do know Americans who would be horrified by the drivel found on this site.

Why, in the "land of the free" is it necessary to HATE so much? Particularly since about 90% of Americans never acquire a passport and never experience the rest of the world.

I am American and I think the site is awful.  Not all Americans have brains the size of peas, but, sadly, many do.  Its a big country.

This obsession with French bashing is embarrassing.  It shows an extreme lack of intelligence.  And as stated earlier, the limited vocabularly of using mostly foul language supports my point.

[quote]A sad indictment of American education and media influence? I don't know. But I do know Americans who would be horrified by the drivel found on this site. Why, in the "land of the free" is it necessa...[/quote]

**Why, in the "land of the free" is it necessary to HATE so much?**

There are about 280 million of us there and this is a miniscule handfull of ignorant people. Hatred and ridicule is not an exclusive product of the US. This thread and forum are at times examples of this. I'm sure that you will find it in most forums anywhere and in any language. Judging a nation by people such as these is ignorant in itself.

**Particularly since about 90% of Americans never acquire a passport and never experience the rest of the world.**

I have always been curious why Americans who don't travel abroad are criticized. America has two oceans, the Caribean, the Gulf of Mexico, The Rocky Mountains, vast deserts, the great plains and as many cultures as Europe. It is 1000 miles North to South and 3000 miles wide. Some of us are more curious about foriegn lands and cultures but that doesn't mean we are in any way superior nor those who don't are somehow inferior. For instance, I couldn't care less about Asia or Australia, but so what?

The website is disgusting.

LOL, this site is actually quite harmless compared to some I've seen, AND it displays a better knowledge of the country's problems than many who are planning to move here from 20 miles across the Channel.

There are so many areas of valid discussion - the first post alone covers intensive pig-farming, over-rated restaurants, the decline of the wine industry, and the 11% unemployment rate.   Then we move on to the ludicrously high suicide rate, and then Sarkozy's radical plans for keeping an eye on those naughty Muslims.  And business restrictions, and strikes, and all sorts of things.  There's truth in all of it - yes, even the story of the man who kept his mother's corpse in his flat, and he's not the only one either.

Of course its presentation is bigoted, the name kind of gives you a little clue, non?    And you know, if I had a euro for every time someone here has said to me "You're working with an Arab?  Watch out, he's probably a terrorist",   I'd have quite a few euros by now!

Ah well, thanks for the laugh!   If nothing else, you've given us the chance to feel jolly superior, what?   

[quote]Anger and hate, in my opinion, are never funny. You can laugh at this rubbish as much as you want, I just hope that it's never you on the receiving end. Probably wouldn't find it so amusing, then.So, ...[/quote]

So you never watched Fawlty Towers then?

There is an article called 'Rosbifs and Frogs' about those who choose to live in each others countries. The responses are quite good... along the lines of 'The brits work hard to buy France'

I have to say that we Brits are an asset to France and that they should be damn gratefull to us for enriching their economy and doing up their ruins. AH! Its a disease this site and I'm catching it!

[quote]There is an article called 'Rosbifs and Frogs' about those who choose to live in each others countries. The responses are quite good... along the lines of 'The brits work hard to buy France' I have ...[/quote]

**I have to say that we Brits are an asset to France and that they should be damn gratefull to us for enriching their economy and doing up their ruins.**

I'm sure they do, Ty. It is when some start telling the French how to run their lives is when the resentment starts.

Quote  I'm sure they do, Ty. It is when some start telling the French how to run their lives is when the resentment starts.

This is some thing of course, that the USA never does except in , Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc.
BTW This isn't a personal dig at you Ray.

[quote]Quote I'm sure they do, Ty. It is when some start telling the French how to run their lives is when the resentment starts. This is some thing of course, that the USA never does except in , Iraq, Ira...[/quote]

**This is some thing of course, that the USA never does except in , Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc**

Not a good analogy, Viva. France isn't exactly run by tyranical monsters who murder their own people on a whim and dominate the nations with fear and radical religons. You don't think they are a threat to you . . . . we do. Eight and a half million Iraqi voters agreed with us. No more discussion on this, please.

please don't tell me what I can say or not.

And please don't tell me that the US don't dominate nations (always weaker and smaller ones ) with fear! Rubbish.

And I am now happy for the matter to be closed unless you wish to discuss it further? But perhaps we can do it by PM.

[quote]please don't tell me what I can say or not. And please don't tell me that the US don't dominate nations (always weaker and smaller ones ) with fear! Rubbish. And I am now happy for the matter to be...[/quote]

**And I am now happy for the matter to be closed**

Good!