London based TV show looking for people moving overseas

roezone

We are looking for enthusiastic couples, families and friends for our new TV series who are looking to relocate abroad (but haven't fully moved yet). You'll appear as a guest on a short Overseas Property TV show called Relocation Clinic, where our law and property experts are waiting to take you under their wings and show you how to re-locate in a hassle free way. It's a bit like having an international property law expert for an hour for free, and we all know how unusual that is!

Programme: Relocation Clinic

Presenters: David and Carrie Grant

Experts: From the International Property Law Centre

Channel: The Overseas Property Channel, Sky 287

Filming Dates: Tuesday afternoons, including this coming Tuesday 13th November

If you're interested please get in touch with Steve Roe at [email protected] or 0208 965 6694

Many thanks,

Steve

I saw that Place in The Sun before I left England, and it reminded me of the time me and Josephine looked at a house in Provence where the English agent showed us a room with a floor to ceiling cupboard and she took us over to the cupboard and said "this cupboard is so much fun" I said to Josephine "this ones a bit quare lets slip out of a window while she's not looking"  Then Josephine reminded me of the fun I had in the cupboards back in Kildare when I was only a young lad! We had a lovely big cupboard that me mammy called the hot press and it was where all me Christmas presents were hidden. I remember one year I woke up at 4am on Christmas morning, I was as excited as a Jack Russel with an erection and headed straight to the cupboard to get me present. I opened the doors to find a bag of gobbies and a plastic sardine. I was over the moon! Me cousin Michael came round later that morning and we went to his house to play with his earwig that was left by Santy clause in his cupboard. We would open the door and then close it and guess where the earwig would be when we re-opened the door, we had hours of fun for many days untill the earwig passed away. Going back to the viewing on the house in Provence, the agent said "would you like to look round by yourselfs" We said "yes please missus" She went outside and waited in her car while me and Josephine headed back to the cupboard and climbed in. We left the cupboard after about half an hour and put our clothes back on just as the agent came into the room! "That cupboard is great fun"I said to the one, and from that day to this, I have always had a 2 person sized cupboard in all me houses! They are indeed a lot of fun, and I urge you all to enjoy your cupboards. "Life is a short phase you go through before you die" as they say in County Kildare.

[quote user="FurryKnickers"]

...and from that day to this, I have always had a 2 person sized cupboard in all me houses!

[/quote]

But what if the cypboards had been ripped from the house you had just bought, as is so often found to be the case here?

I urge you not to make light of Steves offer, Mr Nix. If I was 40 years younger I would be there like a shot.

[quote user="Chris Head"]Furry...how'd that wetroom of yours go? I want one![/quote]

How's it hanging there, Chris!

All me rooms are wet these days, shur why confine wetness to one room? They have a saying in Kildare about this lark, but I can't think of it at the moment, I shall phone Mrs Gupta to see if she remembers it!

Well ......... I'd say that this little bit of wonderful banter has successfully killed any input from this quarter to Relocation Clinic, fronted by the famous David & Carrie! 

On 2nd thoughts, maybe an interview with Furry would put a certain gloss on things?

To be fair, I e-mailed Stephen yesterday:

Dear Stephen

I read your post on several France-based expat fora today.

I do not know how much you have pursued this so far, but I do feel you should be aware of the fact that early-retirees to France will in the future - because of recent changes to legislation - be required to have COMPREHENSIVE PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE  before they are allowed to live here (once their 2 years initial cover from the UK expires.)  This subject is causing great distress amongst the community here - some of whose life-saving treatment is to be terminated on 6th January next year, forcing them to sell up and return home.  This is because private insurers will not and do not cover any pre-existing or chronic conditions in their policies.

For further information on this subject, please do visit our website:

www.frenchhealthissues.eu

I feel that you should be aware of this (assuming that your team is not already) before advising people that it is a good idea to move here.  It could be life-threatening for some.

Best regards,French Heath Issues

This was his reply:

Thanks very much for this, I really appreciate it.  

This is great for our show, as we do try and offer balanced advice about the country of choice instead of just selling the praises. So I will pass it on to our expert, who will be on the shows, and make sure he is fully aware of the implications.

Thanks again,  Steve"

Pretty good, I thought.