forum and email rage

mooky

This week I was rude to a fellow forum user, he had been a little rude to me too. I also have been using  another forum for the over 50's, but have stopped doing because it it full of forum rage and bitching. Recently my husband (seperated) has also accused me of abusing him in emails I send to him. He is very sensitive. I would put it on par to a wifely nag, he is so annoying. I do accept though if he considers it abuse, its unnacaptable. Why is there such bitching on all forums. What is this "forum/email rage" I assume because it's easy to be that way to a screen, when you don't know the other person. I felt very angry at what someone wrote about me on here, that I called them something rude back. Though if I was face to face I would have probably still have said it. It just seems more unacceptable on a forum. what do others think?  

I used to have some road rage in UK and put two fingers up to some bad motorists, until my Bishop told me quite rightly, it wasn't becoming for a priest to do that. So I did the blessing sign instead, which would have peed me off more, if I had been the recipient.

[quote user="mooky"]

I used to have some road rage in UK and put two fingers up to some bad motorists, until my Bishop told me quite rightly, it wasn't becoming for a priest to do that. So I did the blessing sign instead, which would have peed me off more, if I had been the recipient.

[/quote]

[:D]  Love it!

Dear Mooky - I don't know who you had words with as I've been away from the forum for a while.  I haven't even been peeping lately, it happens every now and then since I joined the forum. 

I don't like bitching and arguments either on forums or in real life and try to avoid them like the plague.  I have noticed that over the last few months,  I start writing a reply to a post (whether it be helpful or not[:)]) and never finish it.  I find myself thinking  "If I say that it will make someone laugh but surely upset another one"  So I end up deleting three quarters of my posts for fear of being jumped on! 

Don't take it personally mooky and don't forget - nobody can see you doing the two finger sign behind your screen[6]

I think there are 4 types of forum "rage" 

The first type seems to be totally unprovoked, and is a one-off from a poster not usually known for crabby posts.  I usually imagine that the poster must just be having a very bad day.

The second type again seems to be unprovoked, but this time from a poster well known for crabby posts, I usually imagine that the poster must just be habitually crabby in real-life too, or that he/she is trying to cultivate an angry image.

The third type is an on-screen response to either of the types above. Sometimes it's really, really hard to let things pass without comment.

The fourth type is the rest of us, who read what has been written and squeak with rage (or amusement) but try to sit firmly on our hands.

There are also the responses made, often in haste, where someone has either not read what was actually said or simply misunderstood what was said and then responded in haste.

'Rage' is not a great problem on here as this site is well moderated, indeed the only people one should be aware and watchful of are  

***, **** and *****........................[:D][:D][:D]

Mooky, yours is the first post I've read today as I haven't yet received the PM to which I was hoping for an answer.

If nothing else, you've made me laugh.

I have a very slow fuse but, when I lose my rag, I can be seriously nasty and scary.  I dare say you'll meet a cross section of people on here as you would in real rather than virtual life.

BTW, I think men (generally speaking, of course) are inclined to cry fowl when they are losing the argument.  So, I don't think the husband's comment should be overly mulled-over.

Now I'll await the flak or forum rage or whatever it's called.

Mooky, if I were a husband separated from a nagging wife I would be grateful - and, of course, I would have changed my e-mail address.

Sweet 17, I don't believe that many of the people I meet in real and virtual life should be described as cross but perhaps Mooky moves in different shaped circles. Nor have I met any men who cry fowl.

John

[quote user="Cat"]

I think there are 4 types of forum "rage" 

The first type seems to be totally unprovoked, and is a one-off from a poster not usually known for crabby posts.  I usually imagine that the poster must just be having a very bad day.

The second type again seems to be unprovoked, but this time from a poster well known for crabby posts, I usually imagine that the poster must just be habitually crabby in real-life too, or that he/she is trying to cultivate an angry image.

The third type is an on-screen response to either of the types above. Sometimes it's really, really hard to let things pass without comment.

The fourth type is the rest of us, who read what has been written and squeak with rage (or amusement) but try to sit firmly on our hands.

[/quote]

Gary is right sometimes people, yes, me included, are sometimes too quick on the draw, and from time to time respond having misunderstood the meaning or intent of the posting and we all have bad days[Www].

However, the fifth type of rage is against the "thought police" who come along when people are having a perfectly rreaonable debate on the information provided and make totally pointless, inaccurate and unwanted comments.  There was one poster with a nom de plume of a one eyed admiral who seems to have gone now who made a career out of it.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

BTW, I think men (generally speaking, of course) are inclined to cry fowl when they are losing the argument.  [/quote]

Cry 'fowl'???  It's 'FOUL'

Do you think we are all chickens???? I don't know, the standards of spilling on this foroom is attroc...atroshu...very bad.

You'll never catch me having a pedantic rant at anybody !!!!

[quote user="mooky"]

I have just been talking to a very gentil woman I know about this subject.

"My dear," she said. "One piece of advice, never trust a man with testicles!"

I'm not at all sexist, but it did make me laugh.

[/quote]

I'm much more inclined to say, never trust a woman with testicles...................[:P]

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Bugbear"]I'm much more inclined to say, never trust a woman with testicles...................[:P][/quote]

Brains and testicles?

Is that what they call a miracle?[:-))]

[/quote]

No but a man with enough blood in his body to allow his brain and his penis work at the same time...THAT would be a miracle...[:D]

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"][quote user="sweet 17"]

BTW, I think men (generally speaking, of course) are inclined to cry fowl when they are losing the argument.  [/quote]

Cry 'fowl'???  It's 'FOUL'

Do you think we are all chickens???? I don't know, the standards of spilling on this foroom is attroc...atroshu...very bad.

You'll never catch me having a pedantic rant at anybody !!!!

[/quote]

Touché, Pierre!  I blame it on learning French.  Not only do I forget perfectly good English words it seems that I now forget perfectly serviceable English spelling as well.

[quote user="mooky"]

[/quote]

The Bishop was quite right about appropriate gestures. I've always found that raising my biretta (note to non clergy by the way - it's a hat not a gun) as the miscreant goes by causes them to gawp rather too long, meaning they then have to try very hard to avoid the oncoming lamp post or car.  Deeply satisfying.[6]

Chris

Well, well, I am glad I am not amongst the classes of people whom you are discussing. We Bananas are basically quiet, reserved, almost shy people who never never like to get involved in altercations of any kind. As for seeing a different angle in a debate however, well, that is how nature made us, just a little bent. By the way, never, never trust a straight Banana.

[quote user="woolybanana"] We Bananas are basically quiet, reserved, almost shy people who never never like to get involved in altercations of any kind. [/quote]

Beware the silent type,

Shedding their skin only to cause harm to an unsuspecting pedestrian.

Then they show their true colour (black)

Yes they have entered THE DARK SIDE [6]