Forum Conduct?

Gastines

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get one either, but it's so long since I posted at that other forum (if that's the one you mean) that I am probably automatically banned. I did, a little while ago though, make sure my details there were still current just in case anybody wanted to get in touch.

However, I went there and found a copy of the message that they say is being sent out. I found it so over-long, pompous and junior-schoolmasterish that even if I did use that forum I would give up forthwith. Surely everbody using a forum like that is an adult and does not need to be told, in such a manner, how to behave.

It makes the code of conduct etc here (which I consider to be a bit over-stringent) look positively liberal.

It was too long to want to read in any detail, but I didn't see any Daily Mail references [:)]

Nothing to do with AI - the forum (and e-mail) I thought you were talking about is this one.

Mind you, AI may well be more like Exchange & Mart but you can still get snotty messages and bans for correcting their misleading information or for pointing out that it has been superseded - the Autoentrepreneur business regime is a prime example.

[quote user="Will"]

I didn't get one either, but it's so long since I posted at that other forum (if that's the one you mean) that I am probably automatically banned. I did, a little while ago though, make sure my details there were still current just in case anybody wanted to get in touch.

However, I went there and found a copy of the message that they say is being sent out. I found it so over-long, pompous and junior-schoolmasterish that even if I did use that forum I would give up forthwith. Surely everbody using a forum like that is an adult and does not need to be told, in such a manner, how to behave.

It makes the code of conduct etc here (which I consider to be a bit over-stringent) look positively liberal.

It was too long to want to read in any detail, but I didn't see any Daily Mail references [:)]

[/quote]

I have to agree .I have not posted on that forum for some time ever since Admin spoke down to me as if I was a naughty child and refused to accept that they were even in the slightest bit  wrong.

[quote user="Will"]

Nothing to do with AI - the forum (and e-mail) I thought you were talking about is this one.

Mind you, AI may well be more like Exchange & Mart but you can still get snotty messages and bans for correcting their misleading information or for pointing out that it has been superseded - the Autoentrepreneur business regime is a prime example.

[/quote]

I spent a hour or so on AI on New Years Eve countering some stunningly misleading posts on a thread concerning driving licence requirements for 7.5 tonner.  One of them, by a professional remover with 'many years legal experience', was insisting you need to produce a commercial operator's licence to hire a van from SuperU for a few days for shifting your bits and pieces...[8-)]

The thread was subsequently pulled by the mods on the flimsy basis of being 'off topic', so clearly I totally wasted my time.[:(]

As far as that other forum is concerned, it appears to have largely degenerated into bickering.....

[quote user="Gastines"]

Having just had an e-mail from the Mods. about what is and what is not acceptable on the forum,does this mean I can now return to reading the Daily Mail without criticism?

Regards.

[/quote]

What you can do Mr G is join facebook and the Anti Daily Mail Coalition.  Its a great group with like minded people a bit like AI who know that all Wail readers particularly from the immigrant populations[:P] like to be reminded that the Mail took its current political stance in 1933 from the the German right wing party of that era which it actively supported..

I  have never posted on this forum & thus have not received that email.

BUT, someone  recently suggested that I look at a topic which mirrored one on this forum and I was quite shocked at how grim it was, how the discussions have degenerated into insults in places, how rude the posters were, how illogical much of it is,  and how some were quite bossy and demanding- for example demanding apologies from a poster for something they disagreed with.

Some of the posters there are on this forum, some are,  in fact quite well known on this forum.   One in particular comes over quite differently - and not IMO in a good light.   Goodness knows, some of them need to get a life and get out a bit more.

I rather think that the mods. there are a bit justified in what they have done.

Regards

Tegwini

[quote user="suein56"][quote user="NormanH"]I feel left-out.

What is AI please? AA for people in France?

[/quote]

Apart from artificial intelligence; it is also this.

Sue [:)]

[/quote]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's the British Colonial Party's website!

The Urquell  of misinformation

[quote user="KathyC"]

[quote user="powerdesal"]If its AI I feel left out, no e mail. [:(]

[/quote]

If it's from TF, then so do I!

[/quote]

Although we disagree on every Forum on which we meet, I would never think so low of you to imagine that you were a member of that Forum

[quote user="tegwini"]

I  have never posted on this forum & thus have not received that email.

Some of the posters there are on this forum, some are,  in fact quite well known on this forum.   One in particular comes over quite differently - and not IMO in a good light.   Goodness knows, some of them need to get a life and get out a bit more.

Regards

Tegwini

[/quote]

The fun is to try and maintain separate personalities on different forums.

Well I was favoured today with a very castigating missive, calling itself a "bulletin", from a forum beginning with T.  If anyone feels left out, I shall PM it to them with pleasure!   I haven't been on that forum for years, so I don't think I can have been guilty of whatever has caused such deep displeasure.  [8-)]

Angela