is it snowing where you are?

We're just north of the Pyrénées, on the Gers border and it snowed a fair amount yesterday afternoon/evening. Switched to rain overnight and the snow is all but gone this morning. According to the news/weather report last night on TF1, the temp of 1 degree C recorded by the weather station at Tarbes airport yesterday was the lowest for May since the station was created back in 1946!!

Lou

We live an hour or so N of Ernie and no, also.

On Thursday last my poor little lettuces were suffering in the 30 or so sun and now they are suffering in the cold rain. Don't be surprised about the bad weather, the Beaulieu strawbfest takes place on Sunday next.

John

I've struggled for the last 2 weeks with all the watering whilst my OH has been away, particularly the new leylandii recently planted all around our field, and then lo and behold, he returns and he hasn't had to water once!

Like you say its gone so cold in the matter of days and I'm back in winter clothes.

Roll on summer

Nothing has fallen out of the sky for a month here.  On Saturday morning Mr C ventured the 2ks to our little InterMarche and got soaked but still not a drop here.  The sun shines.....

But my goodness there is the bitterest wind this week.  Brrr.

[quote user="mogs"] Like you say its gone so cold in the matter of days and I'm back in winter clothes. Roll on summer[/quote]

Yes, the thermal vest is on, as is the fleece top I bought back in January for skiing!

I envy you your granite stove, Swissie.  We have the Godin on in the sitting-room, the poêle à pétrole on in the hall, the electric heater on in the kitchn and it's still brrr......

Just sent you an email.  Could you please read it when you have a moment?

We are in the Livradois Forez in the Auvergne. Two weeks ago we were sleeping with the window wide open and I had to get out my sundresses and the suncream. A few days ago I packed away the winter clothes and planted masses of geraniums in all my tubs - today we have a winter wonderland outside, the central heating is back on and all my tubs are covered up on the terrace ! Still - it's very, very pretty .