Had Enough ...........

............. of the incessant rain.

It started 12 days ago (Sat 1st May) and it's been going on ever since. There's been the odd break for half a day, then pissing rain for the next 24 hrs.  Everything is sodden: plants waterlogged.  TV up the swanee. Me grumpy.

I greatly pity the holidaymakers + the traders who are trying to make a crust.

Neighbours reckon its the Icelanders.    

Gardian, we arrive back down there on Wednesday, so we're expecting the sun to be out on Thursday! And I bet it's a bit warmer than 13 down there; apparently it's going to reach 15 here in a few days time!! I'm going to have to put my tomatoes in our cold damp clay soil over the weekend, whether they like it or not, poor things.

Not much rain just very cold for the time of year, there is frost every morning and the temperatures only reached 8 degrees today.

But at least it has been relatively dry and with clear skies which is very unusual, sometimes the mist hangs around for weeks which is very depressing, I would rather have cold and sunny any time.

[quote user="gardengirl "]And I bet it's a bit warmer than 13 down there.[/quote]

Well a bit, but not much.  Nice this morning, then the rain started again.  You need a jumper on most of the time, which is very unusual down here (for mid-May).

Isn't May the most misleading month down south? Every year, I think it's going to be virtually summer, and then.... but let's be optimistic: the last Saint de Glace was yesterday, so it should be a clear run from now on!

Although, I hear there was frost last night in some areas...[:'(]

My tomatoes have been out for several weeks now, and have survived the last cold spell (no frost here, thankfully - well, not quite...). So have the courgettes and the aubergines.

As for the daily rain, at least it fill the water réservoirs.

Boy, am I positive this morning or what?[+o(] 

Same as Hoddy and Mr Hoddy, who dropped by yesterday to catch up on a few things.

And also same as 5e, a lot of my veggies have been in the ground or hardening off for the past few weeks, no frost and plenty of rain so they're well established apart from one cucumber whish I lost.

It's been pretty vile in the Gironde but if the bad weather has prevented me from advancing in the garden, it has been the ideal month to clean the garage and sort out the attic so every (black, rain filled) cloud has a silver lining.  It is, however, a fabulously sunny and warm morning here but whether it lasts or not.......

[quote user="5-element"]

.... but let's be optimistic: the last Saint de Glace was yesterday, so it should be a clear run from now on!

[/quote]

Now isn't that a coincidence, I was talking with my neighbour this morning and we were both complaining about the cold. She said that she thought the last of the three 'Ice Hexen' or Ice Witches as they are in these parts had passed but she couldn't remember the date but thought it was on St Sophie's day whenever that is.

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"][quote user="5-element"]

.... but let's be optimistic: the last Saint de Glace was yesterday, so it should be a clear run from now on!

[/quote]

it was on St Sophie's day whenever that is.

[/quote]25th, so still a bit to go by that reckoning!

5-E, I know there's a French equivalent of our expression "Ne'er cast a clout 'til t'may's out" - something about fil en Avril or somesuch?  Any ideas what I'm fishing for?

Glorious sunshine here but still cold.  Still at least it has rained for a couple of days as unlike our o/p we had had no rain for five weeks until Monday.

Bonjour, everybody!

Me, I'm in optimistic mood as well!  Et puis, c'est mon anniversaire![:$]

The sun's got his hat on, hip, hip, hip, hooray!

If a jumper is all you have to put on, Gardian, you have nowt to complain about!

Me, I had on the works yesterday:  the thermal vest, the socks, the fleece and I was practically running with the dog when we went out.  No, I haven't taken up jogging; it was just to keep warm![I]

I wish I were clever enough to make one of those nice jolly posts with popping champagne bottles and wotnot but I'm not.  So I'll just say, "Happy Birthday Sweet Seventeen."  (You wouldn't like to lose a year for this purpose, would you?)

[:)][B][B]

Joyeux anniversaire, Sweet. One place you don't want to move to is Territoire de Belfort....it's even colder there, for one thing...

or even worse, Seine St Denis where jogging is frowned upon

Hope you have a lovely day and that you celebrate in style.[kiss]