Place names

Chancer

When commuting between Taunton and Bournemouth (yes, I know, horrendous drive when you have to do it every week), I used to pass a sign that said "Rhyme Intrinsica" or something similar.

Anyone can tell me if my memory serves me right?

I knew of someone who called their house 'Creepy'

and where did they live?

In Crawley of course [:D]

Years ago I remember a restaurant review for a place in Kent

It went something like

'This is the worst restaurant between Pratts Bottom and Elmers End'

It didn't last very long ........

[quote user="EmilyA"]Ryme Intrinseca I think - somewhere near Yeovil? I love Venta de Pantalones in Spain. There are lots of Piddles in Dorset and the gloriously named S-itterton.[/quote]

Thanks for that, Emily.  I do believe I remember it now.  It was over 20 years ago and all I can remember is that I drove through woodland and it was either before or after the notorious Ilminster bypass that only had three lanes.

It was a name that intrigued me every time I passed it.  That was pre-Google, of course, and I didn't think to look there when I posed my question!

When will I get myself into the 21st century?

Yeovil and Dorchester...........yes, lovely towns but nowadays, not pleasant for driving through, I'm afraid.

Sorry am a tad late with my proposal but it took me a while to put it on photobucket.....

[IMG]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/frenchgold/tofin2.jpg[/IMG]

and

[IMG]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/frenchgold/tofin3.jpg[/IMG]

and my favourite on the A20...Arnac la Poste !!!....(Arnaque a la Poste???)....got it?

UK place names, in Northumberland the Pensions Dept is at Longbenton.

The one that amused me most is Newbiggin, as that is where men in the NE of England used to go for vasectomies 20 odd years ago and probably still can today, although other 'venues' are now available!