How bad has post been affected in France?

I posted something out to the States from France on the 10th Dec, it hasn't arrived yet. Normally, it should only take a week, but this is a small package.

I guess customs delays on any package is going to slow things down, along with Christmas too. How bad was the snow over the past two weeks there? Was it constant, as I'm thinking this may be the main reason for the extended delay.

I guess in the US they are not interested in European news. We have had snow up north and some of the airports were closed or experiences terrible delay, it was much worse in the UK apparently. Having said that I sent a parcel 'up north' by Colissimo and it arrived in two days (well two and half if you want to be exact). I rather suspect what with all the bombings they are being very vigilant with packages going in to the US.

"En raison des nouvelles mesures de sûreté appliquées par les Etats-Unis, La Poste suspend son engagement de délai pour la livraison des colis vers ce pays. La Poste met en œuvre tous les moyens pour acheminer l’ensemble des colis qui lui sont confiés dans les meilleurs délais vers ce pays. Ainsi 2 à 3 jours supplémentaires sont à prévoir et à ajouter au délai de livraison initialement garanti."

You can read this  on the site of " la poste " . If you add the problems with the snow in France last week , you can understand better why it will take a while for your package ...  

Molly.

Mr CDL was sending something to France from the USA not the other way around.

I oreered something from England to be sent to Fance in the run up to Christmas but thankfully just before the snow, it got to France very speedily, then was lost in the system for 5 days and then moved very fast again but this was with a parcel network not La Poste.

@ Molly thanks for searching that out. I wonder what the guaranteed time is.

@ Chancer, no I sent something from France to the States.

We are had a major snowstorm yesterday, over 2 foot of the stuff fell in 12 hours. Can't see Mr Postie arriving today.

"Good" to know others are experiencing similar delays. I say good with inverted commas as it isn't really good, but at least I know I'm in the same boat.

Shall continue waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't give up hope yet.

Oh has a subscription for a weekly magazine.  They used to arrive before the issue date.  This has gradually gotten worse and in a 5 week period she received none whatsoever.  She was going to ring the subscription office but on Saturday the one for the beginning of December arrived.

Still expecting post from States, currently 10 days late. The second Christmas parcel arrived from UK last friday containing an XXL dark navy blue heavy wool sweater arrived, knitted by someone called Barbour.  A bit concerned that it may be greeted as a source of amusement by the locals.

I finally had delivery this morning of two letters which should have arrived before the New Year, so about two weeks late.

One is a monthly pension check from a company I used to work for based in the United States; the delivery as is normal routed via the Auckland Mail Centre in New Zealand. I regret to inform that even though being the "forum fount of knowledge", I am really confused on this one.

The other is a quarterly dividend resulting from a Share Option Scheme with another United States Company; this has been routed via BruCargo in Belgium.  Likewise squeezing my knowledge font on this one as well without success.