"Register now and receive a FREE digital copy"

[quote user="suein56"][quote user="Frederick"]I have tried to ignore it and am hoping it will die of old age soon and just fade away[/quote]

Well it finally seems to have done that this evening - for me at least.

Sue

[/quote]

Same here. I didn't register - I wouldn't have read it anyway because it's really not my cup of tea - but it has gone.

It's all down to 'cookies', when you sign up the website will issue you a cookie to tell them not to display the message next time you open the website.

If your browser is set to delete cookies when you close it then the pop-up message will continue to appear despite you having already signed up for the magazine.

Simples...

[quote user="witsinfr"]It's all down to 'cookies'[/quote]Sorry but no it isn't.

I registered when it first popped up and I accept cookies, if you don't then if you close down your browser you would have to sign in the next time you visited the forum, and I don't.

Yes it's only a click to get rid of it but displays a degree of amateurism on the part of the webmasters that they can't stop it coming up once people have registered and causing a completely unnecessary irritation.

Martin, if all you see is a blank box with 'close' at the bottom then you have a popup blocker. This is what happens with Firefox if you add the popup to the Adblock blacklist (the first thing I tried when it first popped up !).

[quote user="AnOther"][quote user="witsinfr"]It's all down to 'cookies'[/quote]Sorry but no it isn't.

I registered when it first popped up and I accept cookies, if you don't then if you close down your browser you would have to sign in the next time you visited the forum, and I don't.

Yes it's only a click to get rid of it but displays a degree of amateurism on the part of the webmasters that they can't stop it coming up once people have registered and causing a completely unnecessary irritation.

Martin, if all you see is a blank box with 'close' at the bottom then you have a popup blocker. This is what happens with Firefox if you add the popup to the Adblock blacklist (the first thing I tried when it first popped up !).

[/quote]

Good oh - now I know why its there but with no text - I just close it and get on..... I presume that eventually it will disappear, when they've got their surfeit of subscribers, as I have better things to do than read something digitally I don't real in print.

[quote user="AnOther"][quote user="witsinfr"]It's all down to 'cookies'[/quote]Sorry but no it isn't.

[/quote]

Good oh - now I know why its there but with no text - I just close it and get on..... I presume that eventually it will disappear, when they've got their surfeit of subscribers, as I have better things to do than read something digitally I don't real in print.