Doc Martin

It's obviously a direct lift from the British series, but they don't have the manners to acknowledge it. There's another lift from the British series "Life on Mars", based in New York, but at least the Yanks say that it's a copy in their credits, in small letters though! I can't remember which French channel it was on now, the little grey cells are tired.

Does anyone have any other examples?

FairyNuff

[quote user="FairyNuff"]

It's obviously a direct lift from the British series...

[/quote]

Well, I presume they paid some UK company good money for the format.  Lots of French programmes seem to be remakes of UK ones!  "Qui veut etre milliardaire", "Le Maillon faible"; and last night I saw something on selling your house, "Maison a vendre", with a savvy estate agent bringing in an interior decorator to do a budget revamp and, hey presto, the house which had been languishing unsold for 8 months is snapped up in a trice.  I am sure I have seen that prog in the UK.
Apparently there is also going to be a French-made "Who do you think you are?" at some point.

Angela

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]There's a UK version of Law and Order now I see. It's being advertised on BBC America and the way they have done the trailer is quite funny. They harp on about the wigs at any opportunity and the funniest bit is they say the British version needs more people compared to the original because they have no guns.[/quote]They do, however, make a big deal out of the connetction and it is co-produced by Dick Woolf - even the storylines are followed - whereas DM francais doesn't seem to acknowledge the connection.  Financially I'm  sure that the DM originators have been rewarded but it's odd that this isn't evident from the credits.

Betty - what a thought![:-))][:D]

[quote user="brianagain"]Lovely setting in the port of Doelan -
Brian (again)
[/quote]I just hope the place doesn't suffer as poor old Port Isaac has.  We were staying there when a pilot feature was being shot and had one of the actors in our cottage all day, chatting over the door to MC (as part of the script).  We had stayed there on and off for 30 years or so and my o/h for 50+.  It's impossible to spoil 100% but you just can't move there now.[:(]

Just checked my photos posted on Google Earth Panoramio. The one photo I submitted of the harbour in Doelan three years ago had 7 views in the 19 days between Dec 21 and Jan 8, but this jumped to 165 views in the 11 days between Jan 9 - 19, so yes it seems that Doc Martin has had brought about an increased interest in the location.  The village is not really suited to mass tourism so hopefully it does not suffer too much.  Enjoyed the two latest episodes last Monday. On a different note we're visiting north Cornwall next month so will hopefully get to visit Port Isaac, but at least it will be out of season.

Brian (again)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...