Ryanair book in?

Jonzjob

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="ErnieY"]To have to have one simply to check-in with Ryanair, well....................! [/quote]
It's a marketing strategy!
Ryanair will be selling mobile phones from their website, to allow their customers to check in online.
To allow them to print the paperwork, the customers will be offered a 12-month contract on a bluetooth-enabled mobile.
Access to a printer at the terminal will be restricted to Ryanair mobile phones.
Those who use their own mobile phone and printer will be offered a free sugar cube with their on-board coffee (this offer will not be available any other drink).

[;-)]
[/quote]

A sort of pay as you go [:D]

I have never had a  a mobile phone and never will but how do you get a hard copy print out from one?

From my experience this is what Ryan Air want.

Friends that have visted have had to go to the internet cafe and waste time attemting to get through to the RA website and print out the boarding card thing. It has never worked.

In France no one I know has managed to do this. I think they purposefully block access to your booking reference from abroad thereby forcing you to pay the extra £5 to check in.

[quote user="Dog"]

In France no one I know has managed to do this. I think they purposefully block access to your booking reference from abroad thereby forcing you to pay the extra £5 to check in.

[/quote]

Its true Dog, you don't know me but I have printed off the boarding card many times (more than 10). On two occasions I was unable to access the system and one of those times printed off and took the error message with me and did not have to pay the other time I did.

I hate Ryanair and its attitudes yet living near Stansted my lifestyle would be a lot worse if it did not exist.  No more Champions league away trips (Turin next month) and probably no more second house that I purchased last week.

I find Ryanair works best if you know their rules as well as they do. Dont go over the baggage limit, do turn up on time, do check in online, dont buy priority boarding (turned upat Porto airport once to be gleefully told that of 140 people on the plane, over 130 had priority boarding), book as early as possible, be as flexible as possible and look out all the time as prices regularly change. Dont visit the site and check specific flights over and over again, it automatically increases prices.  I have even opened a Halifax easycash account to get an electron card which saves me the £4.75 a flight "admin charge".

They lost over £100m last year so its not as if our cash is lining someones already deep pockets, there is risk for the owners as well as the rewards.

[quote user="Stan Sreason"]

I find Ryanair works best if you know their rules as well as they do. Dont go over the baggage limit, do turn up on time, do check in online, dont buy priority boarding (turned upat Porto airport once to be gleefully told that of 140 people on the plane, over 130 had priority boarding), book as early as possible, be as flexible as possible and look out all the time as prices regularly change. Dont visit the site and check specific flights over and over again, it automatically increases prices.  I have even opened a Halifax easycash account to get an electron card which saves me the £4.75 a flight "admin charge".

[/quote]

That's exactly what we do Stan Sreason. Thanks to Ryanair we've travelled all over Europe in the last two or three years and rarely pay more than £30 return all in.  In fact we often travel on the penny flights....and pay just the advertised penny.

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

Yeah right!! Not gone up because the amount of space left has gone down????

[/quote]

Their computer systems are sophisticated enough to increase prices if certain flights get lots of enquiry activity not just booking activity.

My son is getting married near Carcassonne in the summer and about 100 people are flying over mainly via Ryanair. Within days of the invites going out, prices on all possible routes had increased as people checked flights and times.  A week later prices had come back down again.  The guests told me what they wanted and I then made over 80 various bookings (over 160 flights).  We agreed with everyone who booked through me that we would average the prices out between everyone so no one suffered being last to book etc.

[quote user="Stan Sreason"][quote user="Ron Avery"]

Yeah right!! Not gone up because the amount of space left has gone down????

[/quote]

Their computer systems are sophisticated enough to increase prices if certain flights get lots of enquiry activity not just booking activity.

My son is getting married near Carcassonne in the summer and about 100 people are flying over mainly via Ryanair. Within days of the invites going out, prices on all possible routes had increased as people checked flights and times.  A week later prices had come back down again.  The guests told me what they wanted and I then made over 80 various bookings (over 160 flights).  We agreed with everyone who booked through me that we would average the prices out between everyone so no one suffered being last to book etc.

[/quote]

Be careful what you say Stan those Ryanair people don't like "3rd party agents"!!!

[quote user="Stan Sreason"]My son is getting married near Carcassonne in the summer and about 100 people are flying over mainly via Ryanair. Within days of the invites going out, prices on all possible routes had increased as people checked flights and times.  A week later prices had come back down again.  [/quote]

If you want the best prices from Ryanair you will find them mostly between 4-6 weeks prior to flying, this has been said before and I have always found it to be right [:)]

"Their computer systems are sophisticated enough to increase prices if certain flights get lots of enquiry activity not just booking activity"

They might be sophisticated enough Stan, but they do not change the price on enquiries.  According to the " trade" insiders, seat prices are deterrmined by the period of the year, space available, then actual seat sales and then time left before departure,  - the magic 60 days that ends 14 days before the flight date,  In the 14 days before the flight, dependong on the takeup, seats are normally sold at a premium although not always.

Prices go up and down all the time in the period before the flight depending on whatever "sale" is on.  We booked for a relative thought we got a good price and then 2 days later a no taxes "sale" kicks in and price goes down by £30.

I have experienced similar to you Stan, to the extent that, in the 30 seconds it took to make a quick call to my son to confirm the date the price had gone up.

The bottom line has to be then if you see a fare you're willing to pay buy there and then [blink]

[quote user="Stan Sreason"][quote user="Ron Avery"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where abouts is the wedding taking place Stan? We might be able to come and throw things at them? Nice things of course!![6][blink]

[quote user="Jonzjob"][quote user="Stan Sreason"][quote user="Ron Avery"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where abouts is the wedding taking place Stan? We might be able to come and throw things at them? Nice things of course!![6][blink]

[/quote]

D'Agel.  Our side are all staying in Siran for the duration.