Holiday home sell-off forecast

[quote user="Pickles"][quote user="Russethouse"]Isn't the bigger 'danger' the stance of a certain M O' Leary regarding employment of his staff in France ?[/quote]
I would doubt that. Ryanair will still fly to France: it is just that the aircraft and crews will be based elsewhere. Some of the routes formerly performed by Marseille-based aircraft will be flown instead by aircraft doing "W" pattern sectors ie Base-MRS-Destination-MRS-Base. However the frequency of flights would be likely to decrease.
Regards
Pickles
[/quote]

That's fine for air crew but they have ground staff too, how will that work ?

[quote user="Russethouse"]

[quote user="Pickles"][quote user="Russethouse"]Isn't the bigger 'danger' the stance of a certain M O' Leary regarding employment of his staff in France ?[/quote]
I would doubt that. Ryanair will still fly to France: it is just that the aircraft and crews will be based elsewhere. Some of the routes formerly performed by Marseille-based aircraft will be flown instead by aircraft doing "W" pattern sectors ie Base-MRS-Destination-MRS-Base. However the frequency of flights would be likely to decrease.
Regards
Pickles
[/quote]

That's fine for air crew but they have ground staff too, how will that work ?

[/quote]

Like it does at Poitiers, Limoges, La Rochelle, Tours, Nantes,etc.... either contract a service or employ local staff if frequency sufficiently high.

viz Plan applies to AFA as suitable.

[quote user="Russethouse"][quote user="Pickles"][quote user="Russethouse"]Isn't the bigger 'danger' the stance of a certain M O' Leary regarding employment of his staff in France ?[/quote]

I would doubt that. Ryanair will still fly to France: it is just that the aircraft and crews will be based elsewhere. Some of the routes formerly performed by Marseille-based aircraft will be flown instead by aircraft doing "W" pattern sectors ie Base-MRS-Destination-MRS-Base. However the frequency of flights would be likely to decrease.[/quote]That's fine for air crew but they have ground staff too, how will that work ?[/quote]

Strictly speaking, Ryanair doesn't directly employ ground crew: they employ ground handling companies (who, by the way, IIRC, don't get paid if they are deemed to be the cause of an aircraft not being turned round in 25 minutes). However, a decreased number of flights inevitably means fewer ground staff jobs. The flight and cabin crews have to accept reassignment to another base (which is likely to be one of the more unpopular and out-of-the-way bases) or lump it.

Regards

Pickles

[quote user="pachapapa"]

[quote user="cooperlola"]I've "subscibed" for yonks and never had to change my e-mail address nor do anything else odd!  I just go to their site and can read what I want when I want.  100% ballyhoo free when you've done it once. [/quote]

Yes! I was aware that one could pay.[:D]

PPP makes you feel generous or profligate?

Register FREE now for increased access

It's quick, easy and you'll be able to read up to 10 articles per 30 days.

After 30 days Cendrillon turned into fat slag.[:$]

[/quote]No, I do not pay anything.  I registered (although they call it subscribing for some bizarre reason) a couple of years ago and that was that - I read what I wish when I wish and no money ever changes hands and I am not restricted as to how many articles I read.  I still don't understand your point or how it is in any way difficult. 

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[quote user="cooperlola"]I've "subscibed" for yonks and never had to change my e-mail address nor do anything else odd!  I just go to their site and can read what I want when I want.  100% ballyhoo free when you've done it once. [/quote]

Yes! I was aware that one could pay.[:D]

PPP makes you feel generous or profligate?

Register FREE now for increased access

It's quick, easy and you'll be able to read up to 10 articles per 30 days.

After 30 days Cendrillon turned into fat slag.[:$]

[/quote]No, I do not pay anything.  I registered (although they call it subscribing for some bizarre reason) a couple of years ago and that was that - I read what I wish when I wish and no money ever changes hands and I am not restricted as to how many articles I read.  I still don't understand your point or how it is in any way difficult. [/quote]

The 10 articles did not bother me over much I doubt that I would have ever read more than a couple of articles per week; HOWEVER the 30 day time limit is a nuisance. As a counter measure everytime someone on ANY forum gives an active link to the FT then I endeavour to emphasise that MOST everybody will not be able to access the information FREELY WITHOUT HINDRANCE. So the next time you will know what I am on about.[:)]

[quote user="NormanH"]Nobody would happier than me to see second home owners leave France, nor to see Ryanair stop the flights which have contributed to the infestation.

[/quote]

Norman... be nice [:$] 

Happy New year by the way x

Not sure the businesses which benefit from foreign holiday-makers would agree with you, Norman. The mayors of the tiny communes around our second home in Manche seem quite pleased to have previously empty houses done up and occupied, even if only part-time, and the commune finances benefit too from the local taxes.  Win-win, surely?

[quote user="NormanH"]Nobody would happier than me to see second home owners leave France, nor to see Ryanair stop the flights which have contributed to the infestation.

[/quote]

Keep taking those happy pills.. ...   they seem to be working.[6]

[quote user="Rose"][quote user="NormanH"]Nobody would happier than me to see second home owners leave France, nor to see Ryanair stop the flights which have contributed to the infestation.
[/quote]

Norman... be nice [:$] 
[/quote]Yes, and there's a whole herd of pigs flying over the Sarthe as I type.

[quote user="woolybanana"]That is vicious and unnecessary Norman, and smacks of narrow-minded left wing intolerence. Presumably you would also include Parisians who buy second homes, for example. And all those brown people who live in enclaves.[/quote]Wooly, would you mind not lumping all we lefties in with Diogenes Grumpyguts, svp?

Perhaps it is really grumpynuts, his problem, I mean. Or an urge to drown himself in Frenchness to hide an inability to integrate into his home culture. I guess if you end up living in a barrel and begging for crusts with a mouth organ and a grubby doggy that rogers every leg which passes, then there must be anger and bitterness. It is a pity as he is otherwise cultured, educated and can even be nice at times![6]

[/quote]

You have just got to be sitting there grinning with a great big tounge in your cheek right?

I enjoy playing Mr Grumpus and say outrageous things at times but if you actually mean it, that's just plain nasty.

I rather think this is one of Normans "place the bomb in your neighbours back garden, light the blue touch paper then retire back to you own house and watch what happens" posts. I wouldn't take much notice if I were you, he does this from time to time, perhaps he is bored (again).

You won't be surprised NormanH, if as a second home owner, I take exception to being regarded as an infestation.

My house had stood empty for forty years and been for sale for two years when I bought it. Obviously no locals were interested. Since I bought it it I have lived there every summer - year nine coming up. I have never rented it to anyone, but I and endless family visitors have spent lots of money at local shops and visitor attractions.

I and all my extended family have been kindly greeted by our French neighbours and I believe it has been beneficial all round.

In what way am I an 'infestation' ?

Hoddy

We are in the same situation as Hoddy our house was empty for 30 years, we spend as much time there as possible, we dont rent it out either...........

I usually laugh out loud at Normans posts and just ignore them, but this one was downright rude and unnecessary.. shame on you Norman

[quote user="Hoddy"]You won't be surprised NormanH, if as a second home owner, I take exception to being regarded as an infestation. My house had stood empty for forty years and been for sale for two years when I bought it. Obviously no locals were interested. Since I bought it it I have lived there every summer - year nine coming up. I have never rented it to anyone, but I and endless family visitors have spent lots of money at local shops and visitor attractions. I and all my extended family have been kindly greeted by our French neighbours and I believe it has been beneficial all round. In what way am I an 'infestation' ? Hoddy[/quote]

Goodness Hoddy, you being an ex schoolmarm and all, I bet you have been called a lot worse than an "infestation" over the years by some of the kids or is that a new one. [;-)]

You should know me better than that Q. No-one ever dared call me anything offensive, at least not to my face, or swear in my presence. One lad did once describe me as 'not a bad old stick' which I took as a compliment. English schools are not nearly as bad as some believe.

Hoddy