DIETING 2005

Suninfrance

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]Looks like we,re all on the Green Tea then! Can,t hurt to try, can,t taste that bad can it ? Janey[/quote]

Yup! Green tea is nice.

Try : 'Thé vert au citron' or 'Thé vert à la menthe' both by Jackson of Piccadilly!

They are my favorite tipples for a day at the office. No milk and possibly a small dusting of sugar if you do have a sweet tooth! Very refreshing on a hot day.

Sorry but Tetley/PG tips is rather insipid after tasting these...

I've just been advised to try Adios tablets, herbal, supposed to up your metabolism & increase weight loss!  Several people have said they have helped them.  Don't know how true this is, but I got some today & will give them a go.

I'll see how good they are when I weigh in on Tuesday.  Ihave had great trouble losing weight, My mom had a low thyroid count in later life, if I've inherited this, the tablets may help.

Try anything once!!

Lorna

Hi all

Just caught up with everyone's postings after a thunderstorm fried my phone and blew up my modem on Monday.

Sounds like quite a few of us are "at that age".  I joined a forum on another website which might be useful.  www.menopausematters.co.uk

Also my doctor gave me some tablets called "Agreal" which have greatly helped my flushes and night sweats.  You can't drink alcohol with them though as it prevents them from working.  Having said that, I have been having a couple of glasses every couple of nights with no ill effects. 

Doctor also told me I am unable to take HRT because of the brain haemorrhage I had a few years ago, so anything I can get to help with the effects of menopause is a bonus.

Jan

Morning - back again after a pretty bad week.  We entertained the neighbours so I've eaten well outside the diet!  However I'm down to 77.5kg this morning so it's still good news. This is the last weigh in for 2 weeks though as we'll be in the UK - oh no, I sense the lost 3 kgs sneeking back on even as I think about our trip!

What's the goal for 2nd August Lorna?  (75kgs?)

It's better off than on regardless of the amount!  At the moment it's probably more like to be fluid loss than fat for me, hopefully if I continue I'll start to see the benefit, but I always find it much easier to put it on!!

Well done Belinda that weight loss is fantastic, you must be so proud.

I would be very interested to hear how you get on with Minceur.  Since MP I have been stuck at 56 kilos, that sound good but I am just 4 foot 11 inches, couldn't quite make 5 foot. No matter how much I eat I dont put on weight but no matter how little I eat I dont lose anything. Would love to get rid of 10 kilos, I look a bit frumpy at present weight.

Has anyone tried the green tea?

Hope you dont mind me joining in.

The other Jan

Hello everyone!

I don't have internet access at the moment here in France so I only am able to get online at the library once in awhile. Thats why I haven't been around much.

4321Minceaur is a liquid you put in a litre of water and drink throughout the day. You are supposed to do 4 days at 4 capfuls, 3 days at 3 capfuls and so on, but I have been doing 4 capfuls a day for two weeks! It really helped me get from 85-86kg down to 80.5, which is where I am at now. Once I go below 80, I will go down to 3 capfuls a day.

The cost varies widely. At our local Pharmacy, it is 21€ a bottle, in Pontivy at E.LeClerc, it is 25€ for two bottles, so if you want to do it, shop around!

Anyway, I am using it with Atkins and it does help curb my appetite and does help with 'elimination' of toxins.... so to speak!

Heres a pic of me I took yesterday! 

'Doctor also told me I am unable to take HRT because of the brain haemorrhage I had a few years ago'

I hope you don't mind me joining in but I've just read this from Jan and it surprised me as last year I too suffered a major brain haemorrhage but wasn't told of any problems with HRT.   I  lost just over 3 stone due to the haemorrhage as it affected my tastebuds and appetite.  Not a great way to loose weight but at least there was a positive side to it.  I still can't manage tea, coffee, red wine -to name a few, although thankfully white wine is now OK and recently I actually enjoyed a chocolate for the first time since it happened.    I'm so pleased that France has such a good selection of herbal teas even in restaurants, whereas I've found the UK are a bit slower on the uptake. I've been keeping my weight down by eating Atkins style as I certainly don't want to pile it back on again.  I've recently read about the GI diet, it appears to be close to Atkins in many ways, although it stated that you had to be tested to find out what GI level you are before commencing the diet and I've no idea where to be tested. 

Well done to Belinda - you look great.  I would like to loose another stone to get down to my target weight so you have spurred me on to keep going.

Down to 63kg since starting work!   It also helps that 2 days a week I work right through lunchtime - shocking to French people, I know!

But for anyone who's still wondering how French women stay skinny, just watch out for the number of ads for slimming products.    The latest to be pushed seems to be the Patch Minceur.   It's BIG business - forget that gite nonsense, get into selling the dream of Thinness!!

• 2 weeks later...

Been very quiet on here lately so either everyone,s on holiday or given up with the dieting. Think I,ve given up as nothing seems to work!! So here goes with the dopiest question of all times......has anyone got a diet that allows you to eat a little of what you fancy...including wine.. but still lets you  loose weight ..without feeling SOOOOOOOOO restricted that you feel as though you might as well not eat at all..or you may as well join a nunnery..or live on a desert island?????!!!!!!!

I think we should all start afresh and on the SAME diet( apart from the lucky ones of course that are reaching their targets)

So what,s it to be then?Atkins..Southbeach..Weightwatchers..Giveup

Janey

Janey

We are starting afresh.  All being very saintlike until the end of the month.

My support group and I are hard at it ... denying ourselves.

You can drink wine on Atkins after the first fortnight.  Also on calorie counting.  Just means you have to eat less.

I know my limits and I have allowed one cake from the patisserie every Sunday and five 'units' of alchohol a week.  They are not to be counted.  Treats!  Must reduce the size of my units though as I think they could be a bit generous

Back from my holidays and thought if I was good while I was away there was a chance I could have reached 75kgs by this morning - ha ha ha!  The truth - 81 kgs  aaarrrgghhh. 

Must admit there was no dieting at all though, so it's my own fault.

Got to get started again, thinking of giving Atkins another shot as it worked before and is good for a quick encouraging start at least.

I heard that part of the 'Atkins' group applied for 'administration' in the USA yesterday - apparently its out of favour or should that be favor ?

Anyhow, after sons birthday cake thats it - I shall try to be good for the rest of August. ONE glass of wine a day only......

Did well yesterday, but got invited to Auberge for lunch today. OOOOOOOOOOH dear, will start again tomorrow on the Rosemary Conley diet. Know its going back a few years but it does seem a well balanced diet. Years ago I was able to starve for a few days to give myself a kick start but go dizzy these days after a few hours without food.

Jan

Lost in the Lot