Wooden shutter shots

Beryl

Thank you; more more more please.

I love that quincallerie shot. Maybe it's my rosy coloured glasses but what looks charming in France would look run down in England.... it has just got a certain je ne sais quoi

I love your shutters Cooperlola , got any internal shots that you are prepared to share with the world ?[:D]

[quote user="beryl"]

Thank you; more more more please.

I love that quincallerie shot. Maybe it's my rosy coloured glasses but what looks charming in France would look run down in England.... it has just got a certain je ne sais quoi

I love your shutters Cooperlola , got any internal shots that you are prepared to share with the world ?[:D]

[/quote]They'd have to go in a separate "France's untidiest house" thread![:D]

hopefully this should be showing my old and new windows and shutters. For the planning I'd copied and pasted a picture of the upstairs window to where I wanted the new window to be and said that the shutters would look the same, they're actually a pretty good reproduction, now all I need to do is get the colours to match!

[IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w39/bellac87300/house-shutters.jpg[/IMG]

It took me 12 days to rub them down then one coat of under coat and two coats of paint

They face south and  have stood up well to the constant sun in the two years since they were finished

There is a feather 5 around the front as well , all told about 3 weeks to finish them,

The funniest thing was when we brought the house the shutters were open ,the first time we closed them we found that the previous owner had painted them when open and just the bits you could see had been painted .

That is a nice colour, is it Farrow and Ball ?

I detest painting woodwork. 

I have only ever painted woodwork inside a house and even then I find  microscopic bits of fluff,  float and land on the wet paint... I dread to think what wildlife and other debris I would end up with stuck to my shutters if I had them !

Mark 24 I'd be very interested to know what type of paint you used. Following the received wisdom of the board at the time I used English paint and although I still love the colour I can't say that I'm pleased with the way it's coping with the weather.

Hoddy