Rugby World Cup 3rd XV

Gardian

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so; I suspect that Ireland will beat Wales despite their relatively poor form. I also think England have a chance against France which, considering I think Ashton should be picking a side for the future, might be a bad thing and we would slip into the complacency of the last five years when we have done poorly in all but a few games.

You're all glued to the tv - n'est ce pas?

Interesting the difference a coach makes- Nick Mallett from South Africa, the coach with Italy (and they scored 19:23 against England), not sure how they'll do against Wales though...  

The Italians all look like pretty boys to me,   can't see them beating Wales-  but, why so close to England, where the game was invented ??   I have never rated the Italians as being any good at rugby-  am  I wrong ??    Does the coach make such a difference?

regards to all

tegwini

I'm sure that this will sound 'wise after the event', but I think that I have previously said that England weren't as bad as their results might have indicated.  Well anyway, bloody good win tonight, where France never had a sniff.  Smart rugby - play it in their half.  They were barely out of it.

It's a very open Six Nations eh?  We might just nick it. 

Come on raindog -  I've been telling you for ages that you are all wrong calling for the removal of Wilko. He was feckin class tonight. Total control and some decent hits too.

That was one of the best defence 25 minutes I have seen for a long long time. The English pack was top drawer and fought for every yard (sorry metre). Easter stepped up as did Shaw. Vickery is a moron and Regan lost his head but all in all a pretty decent front up peformance.

Noon was fantastic and in my opinion should have got MOTM. Wingers were good when they got decent ball but a good win and well deserved. Good luck.

As for Wales - well lets not get carried away. There really was naff all in there to worry most of us. An intercept try flatters rather than shows the true game and Willimas try was scored against a team who had 15 men in attack.

Oh - and we had a good win against Scotland. But Comical O'Stagnant survives still

We finally have a scrum half - come on Wiggo.

He was picking forwards up by the scruff of the neck out of that last ruck before he got over the line. Christ i'm going to get really pissed now. To win that game away in Paris is unbelievable. And that first try by Sackey - that poor French kid Went Backwards.

Englaaaand   Englaaaand

It has to be said that the French commentary was the worst i've ever heard, ever during any rugby match[:(]

Special mention to Ireland's 2nd try constructed by OG and OD, just like the good old days

Isn't rugby f*ckin' great?[:D][:D]

Sometimes it pays to keep it simple, especially if the opponents won't take a hint - if they run down the line, just keep knocking 'em into touch. Again and again.

It helps if the ref doesn't spot a knock-down with the arm and if you have a magician with the boot. (Some great tackling by Wilkinson, as well, despite the blooded face early on.)  

But it was the determination, effort and pure desire to win (great to see such joy from a try-scorer) that won it for England and made it a great match to watch. If you are English, that is.

[quote user="Gardian"]

Strange phenomenum.

Around here, there seems to have been a simultaneous loss of (a) TV coverage at 21.00 last night and (b) any memory that France was playing England.

Funny that, eh?

[/quote]

The fireworks celebrating 10 years of the Stade de France I believe were also planned with a French win in mind. That must have been really disappointing for the French. [Www](oh dear)

P.S. BRAVO LES ANGLAIS! you did us proud[:D]

That "knockon"

this is what Jeremy Guscott has to say.....

"The fact that Noon’s arm knocked the ball on was not relevant,

because no referee or touch judge can be expected to pick something up

like that in real time. The England centre’s bravery in going up so

hard and fast on a player with Heymans’s pace paid off in full because

there are few better finishers in the international game than Paul

Sackey."