Plant bug sprays

JeanS

Sorry Gluey but I cannot recommend the fag ends treatment for the veggie garden.

Nicotine is a very potent poison and works on humans as well as insects.

Incidentally, all of these recommendations are illegal since none of them have undergone the necessary strict testing for pesticides- not that that stops me using washing up liquid on the green and black fly from time to time

I purchased a spray called Fertiligene from my local Magazine Verte.It kills Aphids,Mite etc.Worked ok on my Peppers and Aubegines in the greenhouse.Zapped the little devils overnight.A member of staff at the store said it is spray that they use.Hope this info' is helpful.The spray is in a green bottle.

Hi,

I've just had some friends bring over from the UK 4 x BugGun for fruit and Veg it's a spray (£3.95 a bottle) is animal/child friendly and works a treat on the flowers as well. It says on the label spray today eat tomorrow. Very happy with it and shall be stocking up when the next lot of friends arrive! Not sure if you can get it in france but I'm sure someone on the forum will know.

Chris

[quote user="andyh4"]

Sorry Gluey but I cannot recommend the fag ends treatment for the veggie garden.

Nicotine is a very potent poison and works on humans as well as insects.

Incidentally, all of these recommendations are illegal since none of them have undergone the necessary strict testing for pesticides- not that that stops me using washing up liquid on the green and black fly from time to time[/quote]

Well my late Mum always used this and was a very keen gardener: probably shortened her life as she only lasted until 96..........

When I puffed a bit, it was up to me to supply the fag ends!

Many other people advocate it:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&&sa=X&ei=nFEfTOrSPIfR4ga694DrDQ&ved=0CAsQvwUoAQ&q=Gardening+Nicotine+Spray&spell=1

There is a new aphid & bug spray out thats based on vegetable oil - sorry cannot remember the name of it because I saw the ad in a magazine then promptly forgot to make note of it! I have been looking in the garden centres yet have not seen it yet either - don't think I imagined it though.

Meantime I am blasting the little swine with dilute washing up liquid, plus I tip the cold dirty washing up water on the roots so they get a double-dose of it.