Rotten barstewards

Val_2

TVR Tuscon's are beautiful especially with the irredscant paint that makes them look as though they change colour, I had a huge hankering for one when we still lived in the UK, however out here there simply wouldn't be room the for sheep, goats & other assorted pets in the car...... still I love seeing beautiful cars & motorbikes in carparks, we often stop to have a look. There was a realy nice Harley in the LeClerc carpark the other week that we had a bit of a drool over...

I think it's really sad that people have to vandalize someone elses posessions or make foolish coments about who may own drive the type of car you perhaps wouldn't.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was filling up with fuel one time and this immaculate white FRV or VFR or something similar (I'm not a biker) pulled up on the opposite side of the pump.

I just had to say to the lad who got off "that's a fabulous looking machine, how long have you had it?"

The grin on his faced spread from ear to ear. "About half an hour " he replied.

Wonderful.  [:D]

[quote user="dave21478"]

The assumptions, generalisations, jealousy and plain nastiness in this thread surprise me, and have changed my views of several posters on this forum.

I would have thought most people here wouldnt drop to these sorts of comments, but evidently not.

[/quote]

You shouldn't take everthing you read here too seriously - it's just good humoured banter.

Look, a smiley to prove it! [:)]

Richard T

[quote user="Richard T"]

You shouldn't take everthing you read here too seriously - it's just good humoured banter.

Look, a smiley to prove it! [:)]

Richard T

[/quote]

You mean some people take topics like this SERIOUSLY? [blink] [:D]

The following not directed in any way, shape or form at anyone who has posted here - don't take it personally.

Surely having your dustcaps nicked does not rank as proof of endemic envy, vandalism, collapse of civilised society, etc. 

Sounds to me like some twerp fancied this bloke's dustcaps and nicked 'em.  Big fat hairy deal.  There's theft in France - stop press!!!!!!

[Www]

Ironically, they are described as anti-theft valve dust caps.  [:D] [:D] [:D]

However, the bloke was ripped off - you can get them for twelve quid the set.

Nevertheless, it's an utter disgrace that this has happened to a British citizen in France and I shall be writing to my MP.

Oh bugger  - I haven't got an MP.

Yes - it's disgraceful.  I am ashamed of my fellow French citizens.  Bugger - except I'm not a French citizen.

I was not joking about the price, BTW - click on the picture.  Maybe someone can email the link to the poor lad?

[quote user="cassis"]Ironically, they are described as anti-theft valve dust caps.  [:D] [:D] [:D][/quote]

Then the thief should be tracked down and made to work for the company that manufactures them: they clearly have no idea whatsoever about security.

Alternatively the thief (or thieves) should be immediately extradited to the UK, tried and found guilty by the Daily Mail and made to serve a 60 year gaol sentence or, failing that, be given 10 minutes of community service - that'll teach 'em.

Richard T

[quote user="krusty"]

I got one on my bike , I could let him have [;-)]

[IMG]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/P-45tom/2007_0324menston0171.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

Wow!  Now those are cool!  Modelled on a Russian intercontinental ballistic missile circa 1963, if I'm not mistaken.  How much?

[quote user="Richard T"]

Then the thief should be tracked down and

made to work for the company that manufactures them: they clearly have

no idea whatsoever about security.

Alternatively the thief (or

thieves) should be immediately extradited to the UK, tried and found

guilty by the Daily Mail and made to serve a 60 year gaol sentence or,

failing that, be given 10 minutes of community service - that'll teach

'em.

Richard T

[/quote]

Harsh, but fair.  Wasn't I up before you at Guildford Magistrates Court in late '99 before I broke bail and fled to France?

[quote user="krusty"]

I got one on my bike , I could let him have [;-)]

[IMG]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/P-45tom/2007_0324menston0171.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

Out of interest, why do you have a suppository on your bicycle wheel? Is this a requirement for all TV2 or 4x4 owners. I cant help thinking they would be better satisfied if it was put to its designed purpose.

Well now I have to cast a vote in favour of those TVR jockeys and of course the 4x4 ers too......

A mate of mine (not a tosser) owns a Tuscan II, last time I went to visit him to help out with his Jeep we had to do some running about one day getting various parts and a few tools n stuff.  We went in the Tusc, which he let me drive about the whole day.  I can see the attraction and for sure if I could afford one, I wouldn't hesitate.  Truly an amazing machine and fantastic fun to drive.

As for the dust caps - nobody deserves to have anything taken from their vehicle whether it be worth 1000 Eur or 10 centimes.  I have some nice shiny caps on my wheels which came with a handy keyring - which incorporates a spanner type thing to nip them up, which is enough to make them impossible to get off without a spanner.  Keyring doubles up as a bottle opener, which is also handy...........

......and as for putting nails under the wheels....how very grown up and mature.  I'm sure that showed 'em.

The imbecility shows through with this worship of the trivial and stupid and is precisely why I am horrified by the insensitivity of the idiots who race round here in Tata trucks with no consideration for the place they live in. But then..... (no, I'll be in toruble if I say more).

You wanna here them in the local restaurant by the way.

As to someone giving the slightest importance to stupid, mindless, moronic devices such as dust caps, I despair for the human race that such things have taken priority over real life... But then some Brits are at the end of their rope, living on tick and others misery. I feel sorry for some of you.

If you really believe I put nails under their wheels.....

I see their showing off as either stupidity and ignorance or a kind of dominance based on a very nasty nationalism. If only one could make them understand that knicking their nuts (or whatever the stupid bits were) is a kind of warning from the local people who have less and resent the showing off or worse.

Now, back to putting sugar into the tank......

About five to ten years ago they had a reunion meeting for all the people who used to compete in autocross events. The Players No 6 promo girls pitched up in what was left of their customes (without anybody paying them). The guy who got FTD ( fastest time of the day) drove his TVR up from Devon changed his tyres to those he had in the back of the car then changed tyres back again and drove back. For me £ per thrill TVRs are great value.

LOL.  Ok banter aside Wooly I totally agree about the 4x4 ers who come with ridiculously big wheels shod with overly agressive tyres which do nothing but tear up the countryside.  Tread lightly I say.

Yes I own a 4x4 but it's a 29 year old collection model Jeep which I spent 4 years restoring and it has never been off road.  The valve caps are just a little bit of attention to detail.  It's not too economical so only gets about 1000k's a year.

Some may disagree that it was worth the effort but at the end of the day if we all sang from the same song sheet life would be pretty boring.