Rotten barstewards

Val_2

Woolly , Like Val 2 I believe you live in an area that markets itself very much as a holiday destination ?  If you want people with disposable income to keep  visiting and spending, maybe sometimes we have to turn a blind eye to some things we might find distatestful, like their mode of transport for example?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I do know RH, but  I haven't lived in this part of the Vendée for long and am in a state of shock. In the eastern highlands of the Vendée these people penetrated rarely and were then just seen as ridiculous. But surely 30 aligned in the single line car park was provocation.

I must say that this Saturday there were only nicer cars which did not stick out from the Dutch, French and (Frith help us) Belgians.

The caravan park down the road is seriously full of them though. I wandered through to see what was what, never having been there before, and came out numb. Perhaps my little Destroyer might sort out a few sets of tyres and make us all laugh. (He has been hired by the French government to help scrap their well travelled aircraft carrier.)

But surely 30 aligned in the single line car park was provocation.

30 cars full of rich tourists in a holiday destination - whatever next !![:D]

This week we talked about changing our car, it's 7 years old now, but its reliable gets us from A to B without trouble and comfortable - it isn't worth much now so losing value isn't a consideration. Can't see the point. No doubt we'd fit right in the car park though, it's a Picasso !

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Woolly , Like Val 2 I believe you live in an area that markets itself very much as a holiday destination ?  If you want people with disposable income to keep  visiting and spending, maybe sometimes we have to turn a blind eye to some things we might find distatestful, like their mode of transport for example?

I didn't say anything about distasteful, quite the opposite in fact that we enjoyed seeing the TVR and we also get the UK Bentley owners club stay here every June as well.

[/quote]

[quote user="Val_2"][quote user="Russethouse"]

I didn't say anything about distasteful, quite the opposite in fact that we enjoyed seeing the TVR and we also get the UK Bentley owners club stay here every June as well.

[/quote][/quote]

I know you didn't Val, it was Woolly  -

[quote user="Puzzled"]I wouldn't know if my dust covers were missing from one week to the next.[8-)]  If I ever discovered that they had been stolen, I can't imagine ever mentioning to it anybody else.[/quote]

Tut, tut.  Don't you check your tyre pressures weekly?  [Www]

No, neither do I.

[quote user="cassis"]
Envy, not jealousy.  The owner can be jealous of his car, others can be envious. [:)]
[/quote]

You are correct Cassis, I stand corrected...........................[:)]

"They envy the distinction I have won; let them therefore envy my toils, my honesty and the methods by which I gained it"

Sallust (86BC-34BC)

WB'sB

When you speak of Tata trucks you dont actually mean real ones do you?

Are you speaking of the modern rash of  Itchipussy, Toymotor etc Bling Bling spivved up crew cab type pickups with the obligatory huge polished ally roll over bars?

If so I can throw some light on why they are so popular with the on tic brigade.

[quote user="cassis"][quote user="Puzzled"]I wouldn't know if my dust covers were missing from one week to the next.[8-)]  If I ever discovered that they had been stolen, I can't imagine ever mentioning to it anybody else.[/quote]

No, neither do I.
[/quote]

Come on me awd Saus!!!!!! Don't yer car have automatic tyre pressure sensing that tells you if the pressure has dropped?[:-))][:-))]

Gawd, wot world are you in?

You don't drive a Ford Fiesta or Ka by any chance do you Mr T?

Cause if you do then I really believe that you know what you are talking about when you call  any TVR a tossermobile!

As an after thought, or a Ford Crapie, sorry Crapy, sorry again Caprie?

Or a Fiat Polo peut etra?

I mean anyone who can tell a tossers car from a google search is one to be admired me-thinks? [:-))][:D]

[quote user="Jonzjob"]I mean anyone who can tell a tossers car from a google search is one to be admired me-thinks? [:-))][:D][/quote]

Duh! It's not "a tossers car" but "a tosser's car" - with a frigging apostrophe!

Do try and get it right!

Richard T

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

[quote user="cassis"]

No, neither do I.

[/quote]

Come on me awd Saus!!!!!! Don't yer car have automatic tyre pressure sensing that tells you if the pressure has dropped?[:-))][:-))]

[/quote]

No, solid tyres, Jonzjob.  [:)]  I don't think people should be lampooned for their choice of car - I get really cheesed off when people call mine a Noddy car.

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/cassiscassis/sausage/sausage5-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/261731.jpg[/IMG]

This yours?? If so it has valve thingie's sticking out of the weel's!! That mean's air in them pnue's me-think's (that enough apostriphie's for Mr T(o's er cant remember the rest of the letter's)

Cor!! I wish I wa's prefect??[blink][:$]

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

You don't drive a Ford Fiesta or Ka by any chance do you Mr T?

Cause if you do then I really believe that you know what you are talking about when you call  any TVR a tossermobile!

As an after thought, or a Ford Crapie, sorry Crapy, sorry again Caprie?

Or a Fiat Polo peut etra?

I mean anyone who can tell a tossers car from a google search is one to be admired me-thinks? [:-))][:D]

[/quote]

OK, OK, this is what I drive. Pretty cool eh? And you know what? I get lots of admiring glances and I've never had the valve caps nicked!

[img]http://www.migweb.co.uk/gallery/data/501/45gaznova1.jpg[/img]

Richard T