Rotten barstewards

Val_2

[quote user="woolybananasbrother"]

Actually I did rather well and do not feel the need to show it off.

[/quote]

Just spending your time knocking others for what they choose to do with their lives, very useful............................if not a little bit sad.

The apostrophe says it all really.................

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No but you should do it amongst equals not show off your gains in front of those who have probably never had the same chances.

For example, a Brit who managed to sell his overpriced pile for say £600000 in the UK and buys a little place in France for £100000 and then gives himself a nice extra income ill gottenly earned (sic) plus a couple of fat pensions should not show himself off in rural France where incomes are low in general. Common sense really.

So if the stupid hub caps or whatever get nicked, it is his own fault.

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

From his perspective, it's "a beautiful piece of engineering that is a very rare sight on the roads of rural Brittany".

From the the other party's perspective, it's a poncy car being driven around by some rich tosser who's got more than me, so it's fair game......

That's the way it goes, I'm afraid.

[/quote]

Yes, TVR 'a beautiful piece of engineering' ????

Some years ago I built a kit car - a Royale Sabre, bought when the company was owned by the designer, John Barlow. If you want good lokks then the Sabre is the way to go.

When it came to painting I sent it to a company that did a lot of work on TVRs. Their comment 'it was so nice working on your car, the panel quality is excellent, far superior to TVRs, we have to do so much work to the panels because of the quality of them'.

Paul

[quote user="Bugbear"]

Funny how a post like this brings out the streaks of jealousy from people who have clearly failed to achieve.

Sad really............................................

[/quote]

Envy, not jealousy.  The owner can be jealous of his car, others can be envious. [:)]

I do not understand all the fuss over people driving big expensive polluting non economical cars. look to the USA it is now cool to drive a small car, in fact a car that looks after the environment gets people waving and blowing sweet nothings to you as one passes.

On the other hand i was a little put out when our toilet cleaner pulled up in her brand new Bugatti Veron the other day, and at the end of the day demanded a 60,000% increase of wages so that she would be able to afford the fuel for her holiday to Paris. Naturally we granted the increase immediately.

ams

[quote user="Bugbear"]

[quote user="Val_2"] The chap was just an ordinary bloke who had saved hard and got his dream car,

[/quote]

Worth repeating from the OP as it sure doesn't indicate to me any reason why this should incite such derogatory comments of the owners of this type of vehicle.

[/quote]

You forgot to quote the next part of that sentence: "The chap was just an ordinary bloke who had saved hard and got his

dream car, even his girlfriend said he tucks it up with a kiss every

night...".

Sounds like a tosser to me.[:)]

Richard T

[quote user="LEO"]

Hi Richard,what does T stand for?

[/quote]

I think you've just confirmed our suspicions Richard.................................. [geek]

I suppose you just park your Dacia and walk away....................[:)]

True true, mine was a honda 50, my pride and joy, stolen after just 5 months, never replaced, insurance used to travel around France and other countries for 20 days  hitch-hiking. Then paid off the hire purchase over the next 3 years, still it was worth it, those french women oh la la, what memories.

ams

There's a funny scene in Julie Delpy's film about Paris where her eccentric dad keys every car in the street that's parked on the pavement.

Her American boyfriend is horrified, but the dad thinks they had it coming and deserved it.

[quote user="woolybananasbrother"]

You've lost a lot of hair since then Cassis?

[/quote]

Yes.  Long gone are my pinup days. [:(]

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/cassiscassis/sausage/saussurf-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/cassiscassis/sausage/beauty.jpg[/IMG]

When I was in England, it was all the scroates and pimps too that had flashy cars as credit was so easily accessible and cash. Every day brought another 0 percent offer to the door. To show off your wealth (or credit limit) for appearances sake, is not an attractive site in any country.   I guess some are paying for it now and there are those that are easily impressed. That's what is sad.

The assumptions, generalisations, jealousy and plain nastiness in this thread surprise me, and have changed my views of several posters on this forum.

I would have thought most people here wouldnt drop to these sorts of comments, but evidently not.