FIDELITY CARDS

I have a BIG problem with my Intermarche card - I lived in Normandy for 2 years and accumulated a lot of points as other members of our family also used the same card for the collection of. When I moved south 2 years ago I carried on using the card - again along with other family members - and then was told I could only use the points in the branch it was opened at - 900 km away! On the website it said you can change your branch, but when I enquired the assistant said she doesnt read the website and would not change it. So I tried the tactic of going in another branch and saying I had lost my card so I could fill in the form and thus get a replacement locally (I did have the number written down!) but the assistant there said I will have to fill a form in where I originally opened it - going nowhere fast! Anybody got any suggestions please? I must have thousands of points on there!!

Thankyou!

IF intermarche is like E Leclerc used to be, you can only get the money back at the store that you spent it at and the credit used to "zero" at the end of the year if not taken, (except for December credits).

Thankfully Leclerc is now changing to a new card which can be used at all its outlets.

Not sure if other have found this but, imho, the loyalty cards in France compare very unfavourably with their UK equivalent.  As well as the 'zeroing' at the year end, some just send out vouchers that have to be used within a fixed time period - pretty pointless if you are not living in France permanently.  I've given up with mine, finding them of very little benefit.

Can I just note that Auchan have a very good system.

As well as having a fairly generous 'bonus' system (very generous on some promo items) The saving is just added to your card each time you pay and the cashier will often ask if you want the money taken from the card, or of course you can ask the cashier to take it.

I usually save my 'extras' up and treat myself to something now and then.

The same card can be used/redemmed in all the Auchan in France but bizarrely the Auchan in Luxembourg works on a completely independent system! Oh well.

[quote user="Scooby"]Not sure if other have found this but, imho, the loyalty cards in France compare very unfavourably with their UK equivalent.  As well as the 'zeroing' at the year end, some just send out vouchers that have to be used within a fixed time period - pretty pointless if you are not living in France permanently.  I've given up with mine, finding them of very little benefit.
[/quote]

I had the same with my Tesco card, maybe only visiting the UK a couple of weeks a year doesn't help.   Perhaps French loyalty cards are aimed at French people[blink]

[quote user="Ron Avery"]I had the same with my Tesco card, maybe only visiting the UK a couple of weeks a year doesn't help. Perhaps French loyalty cards are aimed at French people[blink][/quote]

I did think that too... [:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Ron Avery"]I had the same with my Tesco card, maybe only visiting the UK a couple of weeks a year doesn't help. Perhaps French loyalty cards are aimed at French people[blink][/quote]

I did think that too... [:D][:D][:D]

[/quote]A UK address is certainly OK for Carrefour as I had a loyalty card with them long before I moved here.  Don't know about other chains though.

[quote user="cooperlola"]A UK address is certainly OK for Carrefour as I had a loyalty card with them long before I moved here.  Don't know about other chains though.

[/quote]

It's not about the registration address so much, but more about how practical these cards are for holidaymakers or occasional visitors...

As Scooby says "As well as the 'zeroing' at the year end, some just send out vouchers

that have to be used within a fixed time period - pretty pointless if

you are not living in France permanently.  I've given up with mine,

finding them of very little benefit.
"

As I lived half an hour from the tunnel and day trips to Calais were dirt cheap it was useful to me, and there seemed to be plenty of bods whom I knew were in the same position.  My own feeling is that I never turn down any money or benefits that anybody is prepared to give me - even if I don't use half of them.

If Intermarche points are wiped every year no wonder after three years I only have a few on my card.  I did not realise this and I did not notice it as I rarely check my till receipt to see how much I have accumalated.

If Intermarche points are wiped every year no wonder after three years I only have a few on my card.  I did not realise this and I did not notice it as I rarely check my till receipt to see how much I have accumalated

Intermarché points don't "expire" at the end of the year like Leclerc points, they keep accumulating.

Bernice

• 3 weeks later...

As far as Intermarché is concerned a lot of the stores are not owned by Intermarché they are franchises and therefore have all sorts of differences about them. That probably is the reason that one store won't honour anothers fidelity points?

Our one in Trebes is totally different to the one at Pont Rouge and Carcassonne. All of the fuel prices are different too.