Woodburner - To supply & Fit in Dept 16

Paul King

Hi Everyone,

We are looking to source a Godin "Regence" (http://guidemateriaux.toutfaire.fr/dept.asp?dept_id=304&niv=FN2&deptprec=CHF) similar to the one contained within the link or indeed any suitable woodburner for our property.  We have an existing chimley so require a wood burner to be supplied and fitted - we live new Villebois Lavalette (16320). Our property is a second home and we will next visit at Easter, if anyone on this forum supplies and install's woodburners in our area and would be prepared to visit us to quote please email me for more details.

Many thanks

Paul.

We have used a shop in Verteillac which is not far away. They supply woodburners and fit them if you want and have a good reputation. The name is Ets Merlaud and it is facing the square in the centre of the village. It looks like a small grocery store but opens up at the back with all DIY, electrical goods and woodburners. ( nicknamed the 'Tardis' shop ). Tel 05 53 91 60 03  fax 05 53 90 67 04

[quote user="Ron Avery"]Whoever you use, get it bought AND fitted by the same TVA registered  artisan or you will not be able to reclaim the tax back on it.[/quote]

As pointed out by Teapot, the tax-back (crédit d'impôt) only applies if the property is your main residence.

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Ron Avery"]Whoever you use, get it bought AND fitted by the same TVA registered  artisan or you will not be able to reclaim the tax back on it.[/quote]
As pointed out by Teapot, the tax-back (crédit d'impôt) only applies if the property is your main residence.
[/quote]

Sorry didn't see the second home bit[:$],

Don't know who could fit but we installed a Clearview at the back end of last year and it has been absolutely brilliant.  A friend who has had the same and used it heavily for the last 4 years recommended it and we haven't been disappointed.  They are made in England and I can honestly say it's the best thing I've bought for years.  They are sold in France (my friend bought it and had it installed)  but we found it much cheaper to buy it in England and bring it over with us.  I think the exchange rate has made a difference but, from memory, I think we saved around £1,000 on buying it in England.

Good luck!