My Grandmother was right

Lehaut

13 hours ago, Judith said:

Got to be able to replace them, surely.  Ask at a shutter / store place, they may even do them for you!

Thanks Judith.  Sorry to hear about your Pergola.  Hope it won't be too much of a bear to rebuild.

Lehaut posted a link to various cranks that are sold by amazon and they look very similar.  However, if I ever come across a shutter/store shop, I'll have a look see.

46 minutes ago, Lori said:

Thanks Judith.  Sorry to hear about your Pergola.  Hope it won't be too much of a bear to rebuild.

Lehaut posted a link to various cranks that are sold by amazon and they look very similar.  However, if I ever come across a shutter/store shop, I'll have a look see.

Thanks Lori, we have a gardener / landscape chappie  who works with such items (the other you can see in the picture was done by him to replace the rotten one there a couple of years ago), so we'll get in touch with him.  Meanwhile, today, we have gone all high tech for our TV, and another wonderful chappie has installed a firestick for us .. plus the necessary VPN.  Now I can watch catchup on my MAC and the ipad, and OH can watch alhe likes of Wimbledon, F1 etc, even if the  satellite goes off, which it does more now with the HD channels, whilst I can can ignore him and enjoy my own preferred programmes on catch up on my MAC!!  Some you win, some you loose!  Good uck with the shutters, I am sure they will be simple enough to replace, now Lehaut has set you off in the right direction!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lori said:

IRM's can show a lot.  I've had two in my life.  I found it amazing.

Hopefully yours will give you the all clear.  Good you're having these appointments.

Hope you don't have to wait too long for the RDV's.

Well, Lori, I did ask!  And, having asked and thinking I might as well go fully-armed with info, I googled.  Here's a list:

What can brain MRI show?

Some of the conditions a brain MRI can help diagnose or monitor include:
  • A blood clot in your brain.
  • Brain aneurysm.
  • Brain hemorrhage.
  • Brain infections (encephalitis).
  • Brain damage associated with epilepsy.
  • Brain tumors and cysts.
  • Certain chronic neurological conditions, such as multiple sclerosis (MS).
  • Dementia.

For my money, NOTHING can be worse than breast metastasis in the brain!  Yes, I know, but there is an "avant" and an "après" to life after an agressive cancer that needed "kick-a**" treatment.  So a French and an American friend have said to me.

OK, I'm STILL laughing.....why not?  Can't go crossing bridges before you come to them, can you?😏

2 hours ago, menthe said:

Well, Lori, I did ask!  And, having asked and thinking I might as well go fully-armed with info, I googled.  Here's a list:

What can brain MRI show?

Some of the conditions a brain MRI can help diagnose or monitor include:
  • A blood clot in your brain.
  • Brain aneurysm.
  • Brain hemorrhage.
  • Brain infections (encephalitis).
  • Brain damage associated with epilepsy.
  • Brain tumors and cysts.
  • Certain chronic neurological conditions, such as multiple sclerosis (MS).
  • Dementia.

For my money, NOTHING can be worse than breast metastasis in the brain!  Yes, I know, but there is an "avant" and an "après" to life after an agressive cancer that needed "kick-a**" treatment.  So a French and an American friend have said to me.

OK, I'm STILL laughing.....why not?  Can't go crossing bridges before you come to them, can you?😏

Please dear Menthe don't do this research, let the doctors tell you what is wrong, you will only stress your self out. Plus best wishes for a good result, and be positive, it really helps. 

+2

Yes, my two MRI's were of my brain.  It's amazing what they can see.  However, I do agree with the others here.  Just let the doctors do their thing and wait to hear what they say.

If you've never had a brain MRI, they are rather long and you may want a sedative to help you relax.  They normally will offer this option if you ask and if you have someone to drive you home after the procedure.

Please keep us posted as we will all be thinking of you.

I hope your wounds are continuing to heal.