Macron Duped and Humiliated

Martin963

How delicious to see the little creep taught such a painful and public lesson.    Putin played him all the way to Kiev,   and he's been left looking small and impotent.

Maybe now he will reflect on who his true friends and enemies are,   and just maybe he will regret having made life so difficult for Britain during his term.    Maybe we can eventually work together again,   but until he takes a long hard look in the mirror,   and has the humility to make the first move to seek to repair Anglo-French relations,   it's not going to be easy.

All that said,   glorious though it is to see him in such a pitiful situation,    I wish it hadn't taken the invasion of a democratic European country by a bully-boy in charge of a bear to show him up.

Poor poor Ukraine.    This feels terribly like 1938.

Edited by Martin963

I would say that's an accurate summary of him. 

Short of a good slap, he needs to concentrate as president of the EU council on organising the nation states of the EU, via NATO, in securing the eastern border of the EU against any insurgence into the west by this megalomaniac else it will cease to feel like 1938 but more like 1939.

15 minutes ago, Harnser said:

Tusk and Putin have similar backgrounds as street thugs and bullies, so I tend not to listen to the propaganda from either of them.

If that is the case, and it is interesting to note....maybe Tusk knows best how to deal with Putin ????

Lets be clear most politiciens across the EU are wetting their pants at the moment. They have been spoon fed from birth and have no idea how to deal with anything........especially a fight. 

There is no debate about this, NATO needs to go into Ukraine. Well certainly in the air.

2 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

If that is the case, and it is interesting to note....maybe Tusk knows best how to deal with Putin ????

Lets be clear most politiciens across the EU are wetting their pants at the moment. They have been spoon fed from birth and have no idea how to deal with anything........especially a fight. 

There is no debate about this, NATO needs to go into Ukraine. Well certainly in the air.

As we know, the Ukraine isn't part of N.A.TO. so N.A.T.O cannot, by its own mandate, become involved. Perhaps the U.N could involve itself but that's about as likely as the E.U. agreeing something! I'm afraid the Ukraine is lost. There's no will for a fight with Putin. Sanctions? They have never worked! The only mistake Putin can make, and I doubt it very much, is to try this on a N.A.T.O country. If he insists on further expansion then watch out Finland!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, betise said:

What, I'd say there is no debate, all out war is to be avoided at all costs.

We are at all out war. Peeps need to understand that point. We have been for the last 10 years. 

Putin is not picking a fight with Ukraine. He is picking a fight with the West/democracy and every country within it. 

Edited by alittlebitfrench
  • Like 1

Sadly that "special place in hell" that Tusk so wanted to reserve for Brexiteers has instead been visited on those poor poor people in Ukraine.  

Oh how I weep that for the time the EU wasted in trying to whip Britain into a vassal state,  which  could have been better used forging a new alliance-of-equals with us and looking - with us - towards the trouble on its Eastern borders.

What an odious lot people like Verhofstadt (and I don't care if I've spelt him wrong,  I can't be bothered to look it up for a little twerp of his stature) and Tusk are. 

Edited by Martin963
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, anotherbanana said:

But Macron will probably win the election as there seems little opposition.

A little bit like Putin.

What do they call Macron in the UK ? Poundland Putin or something like that. I think the little boy has learnt some lessons over the last few days. 

I have to say (and I am no fan of Boris) but he has stepped up to the mark in this crisis.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Anyway, I think the EU have just realised that the UK is not the enemy.

In my eyes, it seems brexit Britain is driving the EU. Imagine that !

And yes (keeping this debate in context) Macron should be ashamed of himself for all the shÏt he has reaped on the UK in the last few years. 

Unfortunately I think you are wrong! The E.U., just like all their forebears primarily France of course, love the U.K. when the proverbial hits the fan and they need us. Two World Wars has that point well established! Once this Ukrainian war is over France and the E.U. will be back to U.K. bashing I'm certain. They should be disgusted with themselves of course but remember ; they are politicians!!!!!!