We were robbed ........................

Hi

Until last night we were well on course to try a BBQ Xmas lunch. The last few days have been cloudless with afternoons getting warmer each day.

And what happened this morning ?

Overcast and grey. Somehow I don't fancy the BBQ any longer !

I spent last December 25th down on the coast. It was sunny & warm with people eating outdoors : http://www.the-languedoc-page.com/languedoc-photo-022.htm

Perhaps next year ?

Peter

11 deg here in 16 at lunchtime, I suppose a barbie would have been possible, but we chickened (or should it be turkied) out and had a trad english lunch! Whatever would our French friends have thought with all that food on our plates at once! A short intermission to take coffee and Cognac, before attacking a log bought from the local patisserie.

Eat for today, because tomorrow we diet!

Mike W

Yes, wasn't it most unfair, Peter.   On our way back from Christmas-Eve shopping, we were seriously thinking about heading down to the beach on Christmas Day.   Then it arrived, grey, damp, drizzly. 

On the other hand, if we'd gone to the beach, how could the Boy have played Sims 2, and how could we have spent those happy hours watching the Thunderbirds DVD?   Nowhere to plug in the sparkly tree either.

Friends in Belfast are making snowmen.  Or robbing banks.  I get confused.

Happy Boxing Day

[quote]Yes, wasn't it most unfair, Peter. On our way back from Christmas-Eve shopping, we were seriously thinking about heading down to the beach on Christmas Day. Then it arrived, grey, damp, drizzly. ...[/quote]

Hi

Stop press ............. the sun has just come out again. With the N breeze we should be back on track for warm afternoons tomorrow.

And SB, I'm getting worried about you. You are becoming increasingly non PC ?

Eating meat, watching bullfights and making racist comments about those in Belfast. What can we expect next ?

Peter

Maybe a post from the mods stating the CaC of the forum,and saying that the sun is a none france related subject,mind you when the sun did come we went for a walk up to the chateau and the view of the sea was great,went round to some french friends this lunch time for an "apero"very nice it was.

Flippin` freezing today! went to Auchan at Perpignan and so did the rest of 66...it was mad . The youngest had her ears pierced(christmas pressie from grandad) didn`t really need the freeze spray , the wind chill had already done that. Bought a dozen bottles of good red on 50% offer( don`t ask me what it was , I only drink the stuff , not look at the label!) got the fire stoked up with cherry wood, and watching Hugh  Fearnley Whittingstall breathing sage and wishing the mice to a nicer place just hope the sat dish doesn`t get blown out of line or Mr O will get a face full of smoke whilst holding on to the chimney in force 7 winds! Mrs O off to find some comfort food.

[quote]Isn't Leucate where the naturist village is? Did you find what you wanted?[/quote]

Did'nt see any blue cheeks :-) , Only noses. Maybe you are better informed than i, something to share with nudeinfrance.com, sorry livinginfrance.com. If i was a naturist i think i would head South at this time of year, though i'm sure the wind as a Botox value, BUT somethings are best not Botox'ed.

Happy New Year

Hi

Well, I was robbed a second time.

We've now got a chilly N wind, and despite odd "sunny intervals" it is not very nice outdoors.

Seems we'll have to wait a few days for decent weather.

We're not too worried : We get 300+ sunny days per year (allegedly) so its rather sad to have pear shaped weather over Xmas !

Peter

And SB, I'm getting worried about you. You are becoming increasingly non PC ?

Eating meat, watching bullfights and making racist comments about those in Belfast. What can we expect next ?

How about some tasteful jokes for all the family, straight from the Christmas Montpellier Gazette?      

LA PLUS MACDONALD   Quelle différence y a-t-il entre un Américain et un yaourt?   Au bout d'un certain temps, le yaourt développe une certaine forme de culture.

LA PLUS ANTI-RACISTE   Qu'est-ce qui fait 30cm et qui est blanc?   Rien, tout le monde sait que si ça fait 30cm, c'est noir.

LA PLUS NULLE   Comment est mort le capitaine Crochet?  En se grattant les couilles. 

There, French humour at its best. 

Hmm

SB, I'm so worried I'm going to suggest my new friends at the JW pay you a high priority visit ! (They are new friends because after I played the "no speaky the lingo" game, they turned out to be Quebecois with a surprisingly good grasp of my native language. B u g g e r e d, what ?)

Peter

We too went of in search of the beach this am, went to port Barcares in search of the ice rink found it no probs(but obviously closed) that is a must do for another day!

The sea was heavenly, would almost be tempted to go for a sail if the temp was a bit higher...oh and if we still had a yacht!

It is a bit strange outside today...sooo quiet, and a Carefour carpark without a car in it on saturday...also shows some people had a few too many heir soir.....there was a car  parked on the N116 vers Andora facing Perpignan!!!!!!

Hi

Beach report ............

Grau de Roi had lots of people enjoying the return to warm weather. Our favourite car park was full. I counted about 30 sailboats out in the bay, and they had obviously found some wind that wasn't evident inland.

If my inlaws had not been here, I would have gone out myself.

Watching the meteo tonight, it seems not all of France is enjoying the spring weather !

I forgot my camera, but here are some pics from Xmas last year :

http://www.the-languedoc-page.com/languedoc-photo-067.htm

http://www.the-languedoc-page.com/languedoc-photo-067.htm

and a slightly different one from 2002 :

http://www.the-languedoc-page.com/languedoc-photo-026.htm

Peter

Peter

Warm here in the Corbieres but nursing a sore head today so stayed in. Knocking on the door of 25c in the sun today. Still needed to put on the rads to warm the house up. but great to get out in the sun. Hangover and all. The BBQ can stay under cover until i'm cured of the illness. At least a day or two.

I must have a cast iron constitution as I mixed my wines quite a bit over the festive period(without hangovers!!)

....and in some quantity too, though must say I do not touch spirits, still drinking, though have now changed to natural sprkling water! doing a bit of detox , exercise DVD is loaded in the machine and the butter and mayo are banned from my end of the table until my jeans feel like they havn`t been borrowed off the seven year old!

Happy new year to you all!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, fond memories of xmas 2003, my first at french house (bought June 2003) It snowed on 22nd and on 25th at 12:30 it was sunny and warm. I have great pic of bottle of champagne on table in front of open window, sun streaming in, foothills of the gorge de la Pierre Lys as a back drop and snow still clinging to the side of the trees, Perfect. Xmas 2004 was pretty good too, sunbathing on 4th Jan in the garden! Art