Never mind Spring - we've got Summer

Well on holiday ofcourse it is lovely with good weather, so enjoy it.

We have had too much good weather recently and really need some rain too, so if it comes after Easter rather than before it will be OK for everyone.

After several lovely weeks, the forecast in our part of France is for rain over the Easter weekend. This morning I popped in to our usual place for lunch to book for Wednesday; asked if I wanted in the sun I said yes, if it would be out. I was assured by the owner it would be - it wouldn't deteriorate until late on Thursday, which I'd already seen on a couple of forecasts It's normally the busiest weekend of the year for them!

Our younger son and our DIL arrive for Easter, and had terrible weather her two years ago, also at Easter. I guess they think we make the sunny weather up - especially as at home they have had wonderfully warm, sunny weather for many weeks! At the Pont du Gard they have a big celebration set up for families, with stalls, hunting for Easter eggs, games, entertainment, picnics etc. It had to be cancelled two years ago; I'm hoping it won't be a repeat performance!

[quote user="Cendrillon"]it's wonderful here (23C in Surrey at present) and forecast to stay this way all over Easter.

Hope the weather improves for you all. [/quote]

Here in sunny south Morbihan it was too hot in the garden yesterday afternoon so newly-arrived-from the-UK daughter and I went for a walk on the beach to cool off. As the sea was so inviting we went for a swim - pure magic - and no wet-suit needed.

If this dry spell means I have to water the garden then so be it. It is just heavenly to be able to swim so early in the year.

Sue [:)]

It's still lovely here in the Gard, where I think I had a bit too much sun over lunch in the square. Tomorrow's not a bad forecast, but it goes downhill from there. I'm informed that it's an anticyclone over Spain, which is coming this way; hope that's not duff info, but I'm sure somebody can put me right on that if it is! Saturday and Sunday, when visitors arrive, look unpleasant, but Monday and Tuesday are looking better.

Enjoy the continued good weather, Cendrillon!  (and anyone else who's having sunshine; my neighbour tells me that much of the north of France has sunshine for a change, and that we in the south mustn't be greedy!)  [:D]

[quote user="gardengirl "]

Tomorrow's not a bad forecast, but it goes downhill from there. [/quote]

GG....................

Every time I've looked at the MeteoFrance website over the last couple of days, it gets slightly better. 

To start with, it was rain Fri - Sun.  Then feeble rain for Friday. Now it's just overcast Fri morning & feeble rain from lunchtime through Sat.

Doesn't surprise me - they can't forecast to save their lives. It's roulette wheel stuff.

BTW, try the Barjac antiques and brocantes fair Fri - Mon: it's enormous and even if you don't buy anything, worth visiting for a half day out. They have it in mid-Aug too, but we reckon it's better at Easter - new stock and slightly fewer tourists!! Bite the bullet though & pay the €4 or €5 to park near the entrance: saves having to walk a fair stretch.

Here in Calvados we haven't had any rain since the evening of the 13 April. It is getting hotter each day - yesterday driving through Rouen we had 27 degrees which is hot for the north in April. Certainly not used to hornets, wasps, May bugs and flies this early. Not used to watering in the Spring either. but it's so wonderful living mostly outside again.

[quote user="Gardian"]

To start with, it was rain Fri - Sun.  Then feeble rain for Friday. Now it's just overcast Fri morning & feeble rain from lunchtime through Sat.

[/quote]

Now it's overcast all day Friday, rain on Sat morning, then overcast from then on.

It'll be clear blue sky next![blink]

Gardian, I'm choosing a Spanish website now because because it's showing better weather! [:D]

It's still saying rain Saturday, when one lot of visitors arrive, and rain most of Sunday, when our son arrives. Then Monday is showing better, Tuesday good, and Wednesday, when they leave, - perfect! Maybe they ought to come for the sun in February next year! [:)]

[quote user="pachapapa"]

The french meteo is pathetic & no surprise that punters use spanish weather sites, particularly in the south. The rain will come from spain!

[/quote]And I always thought it stayed mainly in the plain[:D] Still we live and learn

[quote user="pachapapa"]The rain in spain is seriously affecting/effecting the Semana Santa Processions with many events being anulled.[/quote]

Seville hit badly by the rain with no processions in the early morning on friday.

The first time since 1933, when political turmoil was the reason.

The Triana Virgen was last stopped by the rain in 1848.

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1027614/0/lluvia/sevilla/madruga/

The low pressure will cross the Pyrenees later today.