I need a Job in Creuse

So what do you want forum members to do give you a job?So if I ask why do you need a job,now that you are in france what would you say,ps I have drove class 1 for over 23yrs and live and work in france.When you came to france what did you think you would do walk in a job when the average unemployment rate is over 10% and in some places up 15%.

Toooo harsh outcast, who gave you the right to judge? I'm just wondering if you're familiar with the concept of the European Union, y'know, freedom to trade,work and live wherever we choose to? At least the bloke's got the balls to 'publicly' say that he needs a job and is clearly trying to do something about it.

Good luck to you Paul,

Chris

There's always at least one prick in a bunch of roses..........

[quote]Toooo harsh outcast, who gave you the right to judge? I'm just wondering if you're familiar with the concept of the European Union, y'know, freedom to trade,work and live wherever we choose to? At lea...[/quote]

Nice one Chris and how are you .

keep plugging away Paul something will turn up

Dave

I've often wondered why outcast chose that name.

It's a shame he gave the response he did, as he is a lorry driver himself he is probably in a position to give some good advice to offer to the person posing the question.

Mr O (Opas) is a lorry driver, perhaps he is able to be more helpful????

tresco

[quote]Why should outcast waste time saying what as already been posted,its been posted a thousand times before,ps I do not need a job[/quote]

Outcast

The poster asked a question. As one of the few people here who could have given helpful advice you initially chose not to.

Why? You have been here quite a while in your various guises, I'm certain it has not all been plain sailing for you, and that you have probably read things here that have helped you.

You have already told us, more than once, that you dissaprove of people who do not work.

Is there any advice you can give to someone who has the same skill as you, who is looking for work as a driver in France?

tresco

TU is giving good advice,maybe heady if you read my first reply and not descended in to personal attack mode you would have noticed that I ask a question,with an answer I would of been able to offer advice.

Also you will have noticed that the forum is peppered with stories about people who after seeing tv progs on make over shows and how cheap houses are come to france on a wing and a prayer only to find what it is really like.

Outcast, please do not assume that the poster has moved to France on a wing and a prayer......unless you know them personally you don't know their situation.

The question, 'what do you expect forum members to do, give you a job' (not an exact quote) was a rather curt reply to a valid question. Often a reply that you would give in normal conversation looks altogether different written down.

As you know the forum software has been changed, the server has been changed, and many valuable postings have been lost.

If you could give a helpful answer I am sure it would be much appreciated.

Gay,I have not assumed anything,maybe a little curt ok but the poster asking for a job is in the same "game"as I,and would be more than used to curt replies.

When I give advice I like to know that is going to benefit someone who is finding it hard to get it from any other source.The "I need a job" on its own means what?give me a job cant find a job no one will give me a job,I asked why the poster needs a job which is a valid question.When we came to france we did not need a job because we planned it first and spent many hours working it out.The fact that we live in france and do not "need"a job was due to this foresight and planning,yes I do work in france and the very first job I did was 4 days away to the other side of france and back and I have cris crossed france many times since,but did not come to france to swop like for like,maybe with a little more thought more people could make a better go of it in france.

Although Outcast's way of putting things is a little too blunt for most people, he/she does make a very good point, and that is that if you need to work in France you need to get that sorted out before you come here. To expect to be able either to find a salaried job once you have arrived here, or to be able to live on benefits is, frankly, unrealistic.

Even if you do strike lucky you have to be very flexible in what you do, where you work and what you earn. Jobs that are well paid in England often get only the SMIC (minimum wage) in France. The French system of qualifications means that your English certificates will mean very little to a French employer, particularly when there are so many qualified French out of work. In jobs where speaking English is a requirement you will still, with very few exceptions, need to be able to speak French as well.

We know people who have sorted out their way to earn a living before they come to France and even then have found that it has cost them more to work than they are able to earn. Others have had to return to England for a while to get the money for their next few months in France - not exactly the stress-free downshifting life they imagined. Several of the English in or near our commune even commute to Jersey.

It is also naive in the extreme to think that being a European citizen will in some way entitle you to work in France. In theory, if you read EU rules, you will think you can take your UK business to France, and in practice you may be able to do this for a short period, but more likely you will find that you cannot operate, as you will not get things like professional insurance unless you open a French business, with all that entails.

goodness me what has happened to this forum! its seems that you can ask anything with out some joker biting your head off , this is the first time iv looked at this fourm for ages , when we first brought our house here five years ago this was somewhere you could ask for help not anymore i fear (having had a snotty reply to one of my own request recently) shame as i use to enjoy looking.