DOH!!!

Just Katie

Ricky Gervais has said "If you're a man and you're not like Homer Simpson, you're lacking in something" and I always thought they were knights in shining armour (not). 

My man finds Homer hilarious maybe he sees the similarities which he is not willing to disclose.  Anyway I dont care so long as he doesnt look like him!  In fact sorry for sounding smug he's 40 and after being with me since he was 18 he's still a bit of alright.  Or to put it another way, if I was single I'd 'ave a go'[:P].

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, last time I looked I was a man. And contrary to what some say I can still see down there - pot bellies and myopia haven't got quite that bad (yet).

I don't think I'm much like Homer Simpson, though. Not like the chap who runs another France web site who, from his photograph, is Homer's double. For a start I'm not yellow.

Now Ricky Gervais, that's another matter. I can see some similarities there. Or maybe it's just his David Brent character that I resemble.

Glad to here youre not yellow Will.  My husbands biggest Homer moment was when I was 8 months pregnant, I had a funny turn whilst out shopping.  An ambulance came and I was confined to the maternity ward wearing dungarees and trainers.  I rung the man to tell him to pack a bag for me and he arrived with a pair of pyjama bottoms and a flannel.  UH??

I love Homer.

He's a heroic character, but my own OH is heroic too, and his brain is a bit bigger than this

[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/twinm/nobrain.jpg[/IMG]

Ricky Gervais is getting a bit beyond himself though.

I think the connection is that the French make better baguettes that the english because of the Doh that they use. Tenuous, I know. Meaningless, I know. Worth the effort to type it? Probably not.

I met Ricky Gervais at a bun fight about 3 years ago and considering that he was surrounded by some very well known "creatives" he came over as very pompous. Johhny Vegas was also there and he was a joy, had trouble persuading him that we had to return to our table instead of going to the bar with him to get p*ssed.

I would like to be able to claim that it was a select little dinner, but there were 1200 other diners so I guess it would be stretching the mark quite a lot!

(Did I create a voting button for boring namer droppers?????)

[quote user="JohnM"]

I think the connection is that the French make better baguettes that the english because of the Doh that they use...

I met Ricky Gervais ...Johhny Vegas ...(Did I create a voting button for boring namer droppers?????)[/quote]

I thought that 'Doh' link was pretty damned brilliant JohnM.[:D]

I've met more celebs than you can shake a stick at, but they were  mostly Legends in Their Own  Lunch Boxes.

[quote user="Tresco"][quote user="JohnM"]

I think the connection is that the French make better baguettes that the english because of the Doh that they use...

I met Ricky Gervais ...Johhny Vegas ...(Did I create a voting button for boring namer droppers?????)[/quote]

I thought that 'Doh' link was pretty damned brilliant JohnM.[:D]

I've met more celebs than you can shake a stick at, but they were  mostly Legends in Their Own  Lunch Boxes.

[/quote]

Sorry folks,  No point in name dropping around me.  In the 70's I met The Sweet & Showaddywaddy & got a kiss from all of them!!  (OK, I was about 6 at the time!!)  Sorry to brag - but I bet no-one can top that!! [:-))]

Gilbert O' Sullivan kissed my big sis, more than once...

I have met the following people, and on the occasion/s i met them they were as described. I'm sure some of them have better days. I know I did.

Simon Le Bon (mucky pup)

Jasmin le Bon (patience of a saint)

The more boring members of Duran Duran (too boring to recall)

David Bowie (nice, very nice really)

Joan Armatrading. (nice)

Phil Collins (dullish)

All of the Stereophonics (sweet boys)

Rod Stewart (truly footie mad, OK)

Robbie Williams (nice boy... )

Brian May

MC Hammer (Hammertime!)

I didn't meet Michael Jackson, but I got within about 30ft, and he did make me homeless once for three days. I knew he was dodgy before he was officially dodgy LOL.

Various/numerous others, none of whom would remember me, but then I can't remember them either.

Right, here goes,

Phil Collins (short)

Joan Collins (witch with a 'B')

Yoko Ono (short)

Robert Plant (wow)

The Moody Blues (Zzzz..)

Jon Bon Jovi (short)

And many, many French artists who you don't know or don't care about, all these and the above through my work.  Hey Tresco, how did you meet your stars, I have this creepy image of you hanging out behind concert venues with your autographbook!  Please don't let it be that - I used to be Soooo in awe of you...[8-|]

Aahh! So relieved to hear that!  I met my Anglo Saxon ones while working at TV-AM in the late 80's, so I could also add Gordon Honeycomb, Anne Diamond, Russel whatshisface ,Timmy thingybob (kids TV) Ulrika-ka-ka Johnson etc...and all the ones currently on Sky News 'cos' that's where they ran when the live breakfast  programme lost its 'appeal'.  I ran to France with a rock band and the rest is history...[:-))] Love the new smiley!!

By the way Phil was the first one I met on my first day at work so I was quite gobsmacked as it was a very "passing by in the building" moment,  he was nice & ordinary really.

Then the next day I was washing my hands in the ladies and Yoko stepped out of the loo and said "Herro" and by the end of the week I was rather blasé

"....Yoko stepped out of the loo and said "Herro" and by the end of the week I was rather blasé"

I think that's what happened to me by the time I met Phil Collins. I'm sure he's a lovely man really, it's just you can get so fed up of 'stars' trying to be friendly while you're at work[Www]