Kerbastard near Mur-de-Bretagne 22

Ty Korrigan

It really exists!

Also I almost had a crash when I passed a sign between Neulliac and Gueltas in 56 that I thought said 'Kercun!' (use your imagination) but it was in fact not a dirty word just a dirty sign that read 'Kercunf'

Have you chaps found any other schoolboy humour level place names on your travels...?

Not dirty, but probably counts as schoolboy humour. Ay least we used to find such things funny when I was of such an age. There's a place somewhere in France called Les Bians - I think I have a picture of the sign.

There was also that French soft drink called Pschitt. Does it still exist? I haven't heard of it for ages.

Once again I am not kidding...

Whilst I was on a training camp for cyclists on the island of Mallorca my mate had a puncture in a village.

He propped his bike up by the village sign to mend the tube and I took a picture of the scene.

The village was called BUGER... which incidently was the phrase my mate used....

I confess I am terrified of Dick Smith since I teased him once during an 'inhebrieted' moment (was there a spell checker once here..?)

I am always concious of gramatical erors and spelling mistakes when posting and every day that passes without being hauled over the coals is a blessing for me...

I shall read 'eats shoots and leaves' at the earliest available opportunity...

and maybe go to night school...

Apostrophes misplaced and spelling misconstrooode...

Sorry!

Be fair, I gave you full respect for your thread about getting off your b*m and getting work. That shows balls. That's more important than punctuation.

And it's 'Eats, shoots and leaves'

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

One day I'll post what I have to put up with every day in kids' writing. But just a taste - today I told a kid to stop talking when I was trying to explain something to the class. "Why shouldn't I talk?" she asked, "You do it all the time". I really didn't have an answer for that one...