The songs we have forgot

S

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="pistebeast"]

[quote user="cooperlola"]Papa luigi or something....  Back to google again...[/quote]

Topo Gigio - sad ain't i!!

[/quote]Yes very, but then, so's this thread, really.  A bunch of old f*rts discussing something or other, and they can't even remember what it is, half the time.

[quote user="S"]

Sorry, it was about a horse from Italy and not a mouse from Italy! When you're young a mouse on tv looks very large, so a horse and a mouse can look similar in size and mistakes are often made.

[/quote]I feel like I've strayed into an episode of Father Ted!

Google had to wait until GP practice ( a good deal more interesting than the race itself is likely to be)was over.

[quote user="S"]I remember the horse song now! It was Champion The Wonderful Italian Horse [:)][/quote]

I can now confirm that Champion was a wonder horse and he was not Italian! Sorry about any confusion I may have inflicted on anyone with my mistake.

[quote user="S"]

[quote user="S"]I remember the horse song now! It was Champion The Wonderful Italian Horse [:)][/quote]

I can now confirm that Champion was a wonder horse and he was not Italian! Sorry about any confusion I may have inflicted on anyone with my mistake.

[/quote]

5 pm every sunday bbc1 , "Champion The Wonder Horse"  sang by Frankie Laine

As I am sipping some fine wine, it reminds of a song that goes "How I long to taste your sporran juice, when at last they let me loose" I have no idea who sang it or the title of the song, but it was out in the 60's. I would love to hear it again!

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]

[quote user="S"]Was it a magic bus that they sang about? "magic bus you're taking us away, how I wonder where we'll go today" is it that one?[/quote]

How should I know? I've forgotten![:D]

[/quote]

Hi Betty , it's good to hear your voice again and , I look forward to reading your words

Kind regards,

Leo

[quote user="LEO"][quote user="S"]

[/quote]

5 pm every sunday bbc1 , "Champion The Wonder Horse"  sang by Frankie Laine

[/quote]

Frankie Laine sang it? I used sing it while riding my trike in the garden and let on to my mates that it was the horse from the show. I said he lost his legs after falling down the Grand canyon and had to be sent to England to have treatment.

[quote user="LEO"][quote user="You can call me Betty"]

[quote user="S"]Was it a magic bus that they sang about? "magic bus you're taking us away, how I wonder where we'll go today" is it that one?[/quote]

How should I know? I've forgotten![:D]

[/quote]

Hi Betty , it's good to hear your voice again and , I look forward to reading your words

Kind regards,

Leo

[/quote]

Hello Leo! I was just passing through, catching up and stuff. Like these songs, my glasses and  several recent shopping lists, this was another place/thing I'd forgotten...........but how could I resist a thread that speaks so clearly to me, a woman of a certain age with a hormone-induced memory problem???

I think it was a homosexual magical mythical creature I was thinking of, BTW.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]Has anyone else forgotten that one about the magic thingy by a bunch of Australian folksingery people with twangy guitars? It was supposed to make small people go to sleep. I've definitely forgotten it.[/quote]

Was it "Puff the Magic Dragon"

[quote user="LEO"]

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]Has anyone else forgotten that one about the magic thingy by a bunch of Australian folksingery people with twangy guitars? It was supposed to make small people go to sleep. I've definitely forgotten it.[/quote]

Was it "Puff the Magic Dragon"

[/quote]

That's the kiddy................I've recovered from the shock of stumbling across your "Jezebel" reference and momentarily believing it was a reply to my previous post, BTW. [:D]

[quote user="Patf"]Can someone remember that really sad song "Where's your Mama gone? Far far away...." My kids used to get quite upset. Who sang it? The rest of it was more jolly - something about chirpy cheep cheep.[/quote]

You are not going to belive this, but last night we went to a party in Nuneaton, and as we played hunt the sausage, they had Chirpy Cheep Cheep playing in the background! It was a group called Skinny Witch that recorded it.