know i'm sad but....

Mme poivre

Hello Frenchie and thank you kindly for your welcome.

Don't worry about her getting her wishes, she's very adept at getting exactly what she wants!

Hence us now having 2 Twingos in the family!

The new black one is very cute and with its full length sunroof will be a great vehicle for me to drive round in the summer whilst she's got my Kia Sedona with her in France, hence I have to be careful with these graphics, so it doesn't embarras me too much whilst I'm driving it! Luckily I have a friend who owns a Graphics, signwriting and window tinting company so it wont be too hard to get something suitable made up. Plus he likes getting paid in beer tokens ;-)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello FurryKnickers

Do you have any photos of your twingo?   The first one i looked at was vomit yellow (sorry only way to describe it) it was a really nice car but the owner wanted too much money for it considering it had no mot ect.  but hey ive got a really lovley balck one now so no complaints from me[:D]  i think mine was originally from germany but has been to scotland and london before it came to us.

Where is Upper Beagle Please[:$]

Judith XX

Ps a big thank you to Bugbear, sorry I didnt say it earlier it has taken a while to get o nto the site but now i have all i can say is  "Totaly awesome Man[:)]" thanks

Oh dagnabbits, links work fine in preview then don't once I post them! Eerryone will just have to cut and paste then, sorry.

Does this forum not let you link until you've been around for a certain amount of time or posted so many posts or somesuch?

Hi Judith,

Our first Twingo was black, but the new one was blue. The mustard colour was a lovely mustardy colour, and not that terrible pus yellow. Do you think the Twingo looks like a little hamster? It is so cute! Here is another cute car we saw in Dover last year.

[IMG]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c45/Furryknickers/26fa_1.jpg[/IMG]

Upper Beagle is a magical place, very far away from other places. They say that the last Unicorn to survive in the whole wild world, lived in Upper Beagle. I do miss it there! I even miss the local mad woman with her onions, and the lady from the vegetable shop that was an expert in the bionic man. Maybe one day I shall return there, I just don't know!

Hi Furry

Yes i have seen a couple with eyelashes on but mines black and i dont think they would suit her, some nice bright yellow sun flowers perhaps, or some designer bubbles down the side... [8-)] I still cant make my mind up but i am really enjoying driving her.  I dont think any one else in this area has one so its a little bit of a novelty to friends and neighbours at the moment.

Thanks for all the comments i will post a picture when i have finally decided

Judith XX

• 2 weeks later...

I've driven a 2002 Twingo in the UK for about 3 1/2 years now, and I love it.  No problems with servicing and repairs, Renaults dealers, although expensive, can do all the work.

Other than general wear and tear, and having to recently replace the speedo sensor in the gearbox, it's been very reliable.  It's flown through the last two MOT's without any failures.

I can't imagine driving any other car now, although I would only consider buying the "Classic" model rather than the new one!

And one of my collegues recently said that it looked like a hamster, or a guinea pig!

Hello All

John the new twingo has not got the same ......... somthing that the old ones have, of course it got beaten by a panda.[:(]

Twingoman I agree classic over not any day.  My OH does all my serviceng for me so no prob, he has put me an Miles and hour speedo in new tyres, mats, lights....  i could go on he has decided that he quite likes my little twingo as well.  He keeps asking ot borrow it any way[:D] 

The other thing I have found really good is that I dont have to go to the petrol station every 10 mins which with the current cost of fuel is a bonus.

Judith 

As you'll see from the avatar I do classic, but having driven an old twingo for a weekend recently it felt like trying to run in clogs, my super old shopping 204 would thrash it. But, I have to think about replacing that before I loose all my teeth. Looking around the Twingo's competition, the panda is quicker and more economical and the super new classic F500 is nearly 3 secs a lap quicker again, (put another way that could be first to the last parking space at the market!)  The figures don't tell everything, roadholding for example, and me thinks the C2 with a bigger engine would be quieter as well as less stressed, (wasps in a jamjar tingo to mind) not to mention more economical on fuel and maybe better purchase discount? As for build quality, the C2 is made by the same factory as the Toyota Aygo & Peugeot.
Anybody any experience of looking at this range in France?

Tingo            Panda         F500            C2

lucre           9995             9995         10,700         10,495

Juice           47.8                50              44.8             50.4 

squirt         9.5/117         9.2/115      10.2/113      10.6/120

[quote user="Mme poivre"]

Hi all

I now i'm sad  but....

My little twingo is giving me 50 to the gallon and that is double what my last car gave me so I love it even more now[:D]

Judith

[/quote]

Totally agree.  I get about 50 mpg on average in mine (even more when I fill up in France).  It's easy to park, theres plenty of room inside and it's reasonably reliable. 

I wouldn't buy any other car at the moment, I love it!

Hello all

Having a renault is fun[:D]  this weekend we are visiting silverstone for the World Series by renault,  lots of racing so OH will be happy etc,  

the best bit is we have free tickets.[:-))]  

So guess who is going in her littel twingo?[kiss]

Judith XX

[quote user="Twingoman"][quote user="Mme poivre"]

Hi all

I now i'm sad  but....

My little twingo is giving me 50 to the gallon and that is double what my last car gave me so I love it even more now[:D]

Judith

[/quote]

Totally agree.  I get about 50 mpg on average in mine (even more when I fill up in France).  It's easy to park, theres plenty of room inside and it's reasonably reliable. 

I wouldn't buy any other car at the moment, I love it!

[/quote]

Why? Are French gallons bigger than UK gallons?  [8-)]