Re: Dont you just love...

Rose

Excuse to drink good wine.

And to watch old favourite DVDs - such as A Dance to the Music of Time, Brideshead Revisited (original version). Tried Downton Abbey this year but it disturbs me as it is written for a commercial market and has so many mini-events that is is jerky; to suit the American TV chains I guess. But very good, for all that.

We don't do Christmas full stop. It is not our birthday. If we want to drink anyday we do (my son brings me over Warninks Advocat and I drink it straight). We have had smoked salmon, longustine, lentils, and anything else we fancy. We also have frozen pipes - very traditional I don't think. I do think this is the first year I have ever woken up to a real white Dec 25th though.

I told OH not to go walking outside as he has back and leg problems - he did and guess what - he fell over - stone cold sober. I showered the dog and cleaned up them - I suppose it has been a good holiday weekend all in all. I even did some work [geek]

Back to the same tomorrow. Work that is.

You lot must have seen my pressie list.  I have two and a half litres of sherry, a small bottle of snowball (bought by Julie) and half a bottle of Bayleys to pour over ice as you say.  I just can't drink it quick enough, I get drunk so easily these days.

How's your special diet going Rose?

Hi Crossy - diet is over thank goodness!  I only needed it before my Radiation treatment...as soon as that was done the diet was finished with!  Indeed Greyman collected me from the hospital with a very large picnic basket  [:D]

Glad I'm not alone with my festive tiple [:$]