Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Weedon"]Help me with this one Frenchie!  On Nostalgi I keep hearing a song that sounds like the same tune as "My Way".  It's called "Don Dabby Chewed".  Can't find it on the "Tube"[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

yu re excellent Peter !!  [kiss]

Nice one Nickp, we have seen it before but always worth another look and listen.

Yep! that's the one Cat. Are those eyebrows really yours?  I used to be ginger now it's only my eyebrows, my mum tried to be kind and say it was auburn but I knew what she was really thinking. Still, as they say, always look on the bright side of life eh! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo&feature=PlayList&p=747C868E997EEC58&index=7

Next time I hear young Claude Francois get to the Don Dabby bit I shall give it a bit more welly.  I bet you all will now. [:D]

Bonsopir Judith !!  Sorry, have not answered your text yet, I will PM you tomorrow, OK ? [kiss]

Bonsoir teapot !! How are yu mate?

Tell him

My 15 year old son , next to me, asked me who  Barbara Streisand was , and if she ever had a hit !! [blink]

Young ignorant   LOL   and now he adds " is she dead ??? " [:D]

This time of night I feel in the mood for this  ( The Burning Rope )

The lyrics are exactly what my poor gran ( 85) said to me a few days back...

" You're old and disillusioned now as you realise at last,
That all  you have accomplished here will have soon all turned to
dust.  "

The link did not work ?

Thankfully all MJ accomplished , his songs and videos will live on.

Poor MJ is having a bad time on the other thread .....but he did get up to some wierd things.

Van Gogh was a bit odd as well , but you can not deny talent . Even Susan Boyle can not cope with the pressure of fame.

Any way back to the music........Bet Middler .....is that all there is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpn_xu81ySo

Yesterday, when I learnt about MJ's death, I was very surprised.

Later in the day, I wondered how I will react when Paul Mc Cartney dies,[blink] cos he's had a major influence in my life.

At 14; I fell in love with the music, the man, I learnt English, so it lead to my current job, my trips to the UK, my private life, living in London for a year, etc...

Today, still my Number 1 musician and songwriter... Some things yu can't explain ...

I think a song will come to my mind, first thing   " At the end of the end "  ( only starts at 0'16")