How on earth do you get 1000 postings?

Kitty

You guys and gals who have over 1000 postings must be online all day and all night.  I'm up to 60ish but struggling.  Mind you, I only post when I have something VERY GOOD to say. [;-)]

How do you do it?

Cathy

Christine is right[:)]

Most people start off slowly, but you'll be surprised how quickly your post rate can jump once you get invloved in a couple of discussions a day.  I remember having 60 posts. The next time I looked I had 600[:)].

Also many of us have deceptive start dates due to changes in the software used. I think I've been posting for a couple of months short of 3 years. Some people have been posting for something like 5 years (it may be longer).

[quote user="Forum Admin"]

I'm currently selling posts: 500 posts for €60  1000 posts for €80. PM me and payment can be made through Paypal.  [:)]

[/quote]

Those prices are extremely good. [blink] What size are the posts and is the timber pressure-treated? [kiss]

James has his moments...it's a question of catching him at the right time. [:)]

There was definitely something I wanted to ask him for.  [;-)]

It's on the tip of my tongue...[:-))]. Gone again. It'll come back to me.

Ali, how do you know you are 128th, and that James is 32nd?

If you run your cursor over the little balls under your avatar (sorry, matron) it will tell you where you stand in the ranking. You are in the top 50. I am in the top 25, largely by posting inconsequential rubbish such as this. If you look on your profile it will give you your post rank. Yours is 4, mine is 2. What that means I don't know, perhaps James can tell us when he gets back from the bank.

Mrs T said .

Ali, how do you know you are 128th, and that James is 32nd?

The post rankings are not important,  its how much help you give that counts! And the thank you messages are nice [8-|]

I noticed Mrs T that you are ranked 4th, WELL SO AM I,[:'(]  So as the post ranks are totally unimportant and incosequential to me

I DEMAND A FULL PUBLIC ENQUIRY, JUDICIAL REVIEW , SENATE COMMITTEE HEARING AND AN APPEAL TO THE EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS[:'(]

I'd make James a decent offer for the post where Coco described the woman showing her husband how to use the thing that lets you go through motorway tolls automatically - I cried with laughter, sadly I think its buried about 3 changes of forum software back.[:(]

[:D] Of course some of Dicks should be disqualified as they only say ' eeek!' [:D]

[quote user="Russethouse"] [:D] Of course some of Dicks should be disqualified as they only say ' eeek!' [:D][/quote]

I think his judicious use of 'eeek' should put him higher up the ranking[:)]

I simply can't believe I am 4th (equal with Ron, of course[:)] ) but this is mainly due to the fact that I cannot find where it says 'post rank' or similar.

Edit: Yikes! I found it by clicking on my own name where the bunny is. OMG.

Well, after a lot of consideration the mods have decided to give several new rules a weeks trial each. Next weeks trial is banning the use of the word eeek, outside the lounge.

[:D][:D] You didn't believe me, did you ?[:D][:D]

To find the post rank, click on the posters name and scroll right down.

I'm currently selling posts: 500 posts for €60  1000 posts for €80. PM me and payment can be made through Paypal.

James

So does that mean that KKK & Twinkle are only worth about €800 each?  Shame on you Sir. 

I had an idea to suggest to the mods etc that when a person reaches

1000+ posts they should be pensioned off and put out to grass in

another forum. But then I realised that I'm not far off that number

myself, and I like it here so am increasing retirement age to 2000. Why

not leave this forum to the young and enthusiastic?   Pat.

There was a car forum I was on for three years and I racked up 10,000 posts [:-))] it's easy , mind you a guy that came on 18 months after me is up to about 12,000 ...but he posts a load of old cobblers just to get his posts up [;-)][:D]

I think I've mentioned this before - but it may be of interest to you, Bassman.

Mark's in a guitar forum where they rank you as a "Strummer"  & goes up to "Guitar God".  He's apparently made it to "Guitar God" - dosen't sound like it to me on a Saturday night, though!! [Www]

[quote user="Ian Horn"]

I'm currently selling posts: 500 posts for €60  1000 posts for €80. PM me and payment can be made through Paypal.

James

So does that mean that KKK & Twinkle are only worth about €800 each?  Shame on you Sir. 

[/quote]

I take it you have still got a crush on us then Ian just can't stop thinking about us can you?  It's a phase sweetheart it will pass honestly.

Horray another post for me!

Maybe there should also be a “rate” indicator (e.g. posts per day) as well as the total number – giving an indication of activity.  I guess 100 posts over 3 years is very different to 100 posts over 3 days.

(And now both my posts and rate have gone up)

Ian

[quote user="Russethouse"] I look as if I have lots of posts but there were less than 100 members when I found this forum and I have only lost my post total once....................................[/quote]

You're number 1!!

Wow!!  We are not worthy!! [:-))]