What/Who are you listening to today?

Dave

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="pads"]

Ali@ards

Are you a neil young fan too, ? most people usally say neil who? dont you mean paul (grrrrrrrr) My favorite is after the gold rush. I have lisened to him almost every day since I was 10 years old from record to tape to c.d. now I pod (got to move with the times)  NO he dose not sound like a cat......... how dare you!!!( although hubby says its good music to die with) but his taste is limited only to good women Ha... my husband actually worked with him once in austrailia and didnt get me his autograph i could of killed him.

But any how thats who Im listening to today

[/quote]

Sorry for the delay in replying!!  Had the flu! [+o(]

Been a big Neil Young fan for years.  One Saturday morning we were going shopping & it came over the radio that there were still tickets available, for his concert in Dublin that afternoon & we turned the car round & drove straight there.  Sorry about the cat comment - but, much as I love him - he does sound like one, sometimes!! [:)]

Had the same problem with surnames (as in Neil/Paul Young) when we went to see Bill Nelson - ended up telling people it was Willie we were going to see!!  [:-))]  Sometimes it's just easier to give up & smile.  [:D]

[quote user="Cathy"]Hi Ho silver lining - was that Jeff Beck?[/quote]

It was indeed [:D] I remember back in the early 70's playing in covers bands you HAD to do Hi Ho Silver Lining, Brown Sugar, Alright Now. Honky Tonk Women and a few others otherwise....... you didn't get re-booked[:D]

I was not listening to it today but last Saturday night.

There was on BBC Four a whole evening of Electric Light Orchestra!...

then the story of the super star perm of the 70/80's. Waaooh! some haircuts on display!...

and to end the evening, the story of Electric Light Orchestra and how they came about, in a very good program commented by the sadly departed John Peel.

To top it all ! whilst it was on Darling Daughter rang and I had to say :

Sorry Girlie but listening to E.L.O. on the TV! right now so will have to cut off the chinwag!...

Oh Mum! she replies, I went to see them with Sioned (her old school friend) and her Mum!!! in London a couple of weeks back!!

I WAS GUTTED !! ....

Funnily enough we were talking about them earlier . Our neighbor went to see the Eagles at Twickenham (?) at the weekend so we were into nostalgia

My husband kept saying that he had some ELO on vinyl, but whats the good of that in the car ? I think I'll order a CD.

My husband kept saying that he had some ELO on vinyl,

ELO on Dr Who last Saturday !!!

but whats the good of that in the car ? I think I'll order a CD.

I have a tech assistant (son) gradually converting vinyl to mp3. Time consuming but lots of good education (tried to insert smilie but failed !).

• 2 weeks later...

Jefferson Starship with the legendary Grace Slick

I am having a whale of a time watching old vids on you.tube - Led Zep, Jethro Tull etc Brilliant.

I love the late 60s early 70s era for music, makes me wish I'd been born sooner and I don't think that very often!

Listening to Raul Midon - "State of Mind" non-stop in the car when I'm driving home from work at 5am, it really pulls me back down to earth after a concert.

Watching  DVD of  "Whitesnake" 2004 tour and witnessing the most hallucinating drum solo from Tommy Aldridge!  Has to be seen to be believed[:-))]

Also have checked out  the DVD of  "Yes" Symphonic Live - goosebump city folks!!!