Stick to the point perhaps.?

Gastines

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just clear something up ? The report button is for anything you need or want to draw attention to, it is no big deal to use it to ask a mod to get a thread back on track or even to split a thread ( I think I managed to split one successfully this evening !)

If the forum is going to run smoothly we all have to co- operate and using the report button is just a small part of that.

Following what Chris said, even lines that look perfectly straight are often slightly curved.  Especially near black holes.  This might explain the widescreen effect.

If I join

this clique of Miki's for a monkey it looks like it'll just

be me and I'll  find that I move in ever decreasing circles.  Or is that the point?

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Or by doing what other fora do - if the off-topic stuff is in any way interesting it is put inro a new thread in the lounge equivalent. I don't know why that isn't done here.
[/quote]

Because as I said sometime earlier, sometimes splitting threads isn't that easy (software wise) although I think it worked tonight when I tried it.

[quote user="Cassis"]

If I join

this clique of Miki's for a monkey it looks like it'll just

be me and I'll  find that I move in ever decreasing circles.  Or is that the point?

[/quote]

Woddya mean...IF, you is  a member and the monkey gets spent demain ! You sussed the point early but don't fear,  others will be along to join your clique. .........................................eventually !

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Or by doing what other fora do - if the off-topic stuff is in any way interesting it is put inro a new thread in the lounge equivalent. I don't know why that isn't done here.
[/quote]Asked and answered somewhere on page 2, Dick.  The advantages of going off topic.[:-))]

So now, if I get the drift (sorry, first word I thought of) Cassis is a Queen, although really he has been cast out, as now everyone will be avoiding him because he's unwittingly joined a pyramid-clique-selling scheme with Miki and some monkey or other. Meanwhile, ChrisH is typing through his nose, which is always a better bet than talking through his aaaaa....rmpit, and we've all given up splitting hairs in favour of splitting threads. Meanwhile, Dick's building a Tudor extension, which should surely be in a different thread. Am I on track, here? Sorry, but the train was late.

Ah, but this was the SW Trains service from Windsor & Eton Riverside, calling at Datchet, Sunnymeads, Wraysbury, Staines, Ashford, Feltham, Whitton, Twickenham, Richmond, Putney, Clapham Junction, Vauxhall and London Waterloo.....and I had to hitch hike from there. Sorry.

Sticking to the point, I have just come home and noticed the thread has moved on. 

Right........... Chris pp first my hymn sheet, I was speaking from my own experience of snidey remarks from SOME of the more serious members which has since been resolved.  I know I for one am often guilty of being a one liner and have had a few slaps on the wrist.  I understand the annoyance of this to other forum members and, since I have become more au fait with forum etiquette would like to think that I no longer hijack.

Yes Chris, you ARE a more serious member although you often integrate with the one liners and I am sure your sense of humour is appreciated.  It certainly is by me.  You remind me a little of Will the Conq.  I enjoy reading your serious threads and I wish I could contribute knowledge of the same level to the forum.

This also applies to Claire who is very helpful and has immense knowledge however, someone wrote that this is the most popular forum.  Who thinks it maybe because there may be such a diversity amongst members that there is something for everyone.

Sunday Driver and Poolguy also sit on top of the knowledge tree and although these guys (or Chris pp and Claire) have never given me any grief I would really love to see them integrate more on the forum and get to know more of their personalities.