Stick to the point perhaps.?

Gastines

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do try to stay on topic and almost always post something which is relevant to the subject, but I don't see the harm in exchanging a little banter at the same time.  If Biggles and Archie don't like it, tough titty.

[quote user="Chris Head"]You'll upset the serious folk with that suggestion Smiffy (ready for a hug yet?)[/quote]

What a frightening thought.  A hug from a chainsaw wielding bird of prey. Is it safe?

[quote user="Cassis"]I do try to stay on topic and almost always post something which is relevant to the subject, but I don't see the harm in exchanging a little banter at the same time.  If Biggles and Archie don't like it, tough titty.

[quote user="Chris Head"]You'll upset the serious folk with that suggestion Smiffy (ready for a hug yet?)[/quote]

What a frightening thought.  A hug from a chainsaw wielding bird of prey. Is it safe?
[/quote]

Sure! Wanna hug Saus?

PS Can somebody please tell me how to wean lambs? It's costing me 44 euro a week for their special powder and I don't think the economics are adding up, and they're teething now, should I buy Bonjela for them Miss?

[quote user="Just Katie "]Is the original poster REALLY upset because the thread drifted on the FOURTH PAGE?  This particular thread drifted on the THIRD. I think respect was given in both instances but come on guys lighten

up.  Have you ever been sat next to someone in a dinner party who

absolutely exhausts a conversation or to turn the tables around have

you ever spoke to someone for the equivalent of "four pages" on a

subject such as the French Tax Regime then wondered why their eyes have

glazed over and they are looking behind you?As for cliques do they really exist solely amongst the "one liners"?  I

think the more "serious" members of this forum all seem to sing off the

same hymnsheet which indicates to me there is a little bit of behind

the scenes bickering.  How cliquey[:D][/quote]

This has the potential to turn into a "them and us" explosive situation.

Just to clarify where I stand:

• I enjoy the forum most of the time.
  • I like to exchange and share info and tips and that's my main reason for participating to the forum.
  • I have no problem wiht a thread drifting, but that's not what is being refered to here, well, not by me.
  • I do find it tiring when a thread I am interested in wanders into a exchange of what I see as inane comments unconnected to the original subject.
  • I have not used the report button.
  • I do not belong to a clique. If I unknowingly do, could someone let me know which please?[8-)] Just so I can leave it.
  • I find that the witty posters (for lack of a better description) tend to want to converse rather than exchange information, so why not simply start a new thread?

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Can somebody tell me to stop now please?[:$]

[/quote]

Certainly. Stop. And after you've stopped, walk over to the wall, the one which has the pc cable plugged in, and pull the plug out of the wall. Then go and read a book.

[kiss]

Clair, you are in the lounge and like-minded people are enjoying a touch of light-hearted banter, no-one is being rude or offensive, well, no-one if you exclude the bottom whipping thats going on at the moment.

Smile, take a deep breath and join in......................................................................................................................................or not [:)]

[quote user="Bugbear"]

Clair, you are in the lounge and like-minded people are enjoying a touch of light-hearted banter, no-one is being rude or offensive, well, no-one if you exclude the bottom whipping thats going on at the moment.

Smile, take a deep breath and join in......................................................................................................................................or not [:)][/quote]

Bugbear, are we not talking about drifting threads in general terms? Do I need to belong to a "Witty Lounge Clique" to post my opinion here?[blink]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Good. Well. Good.

Now can I go to the loo?

[/quote]

Oh just great, Tina is away, I have made a sandwich and was just about to take a bite and then read that....Sorry but the thought has now put me off.

So if anyone wants a jam sandwich untouched and like new, give us a bell ..............in fact, I'll swap you a bell for the sandwich !

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Bugbear"]

Smile, take a deep breath and join in......................................................................................................................................or not [:)][/quote]

Bugbear, are we not talking about drifting threads in general terms? Do I need to belong to a "Witty Lounge Clique" to post my opinion here?[blink][/quote]

Yes and membership is available at just £100 a year but please be aware of scammers. For legal membership, Any mod will give you my address, I am kinda well known to 'em [:)]

[quote user="Miki"][quote user="Clair"][quote user="Bugbear"]

Bugbear, are we not talking about drifting threads in general terms? Do I need to belong to a "Witty Lounge Clique" to post my opinion here?[blink][/quote]

Yes and membership is available at just £100 a year, Admin will give you my address. [/quote]

Pass...

Miki - I thought I was told £500?  What's going on?  Was that just to keep me out of your clique?

You're never going to stop 'discussion' threads from wandering.  Threads which

invite open discussion always seem to fray at the edges, unlike those

which are clearly of a 'how to plumb a fosse septique' nature which, by

and large, are unaffected - at least until the subject has been flogged

to death. 

I'm sure all this has already been said here.

Maybe what is needed is a team of volunteers to go around cleaning up

"serious" threads by deleting any posts that are clearly off topic. 

Volunteers?  [;-)]

[quote user="Cassis"]Miki - I thought I was told £500?  What's going on?  Was that just to keep me out of your clique?[/quote]

Not at all, yours was a special offer for a 5 year membership. The cheque has cleared you are now officially in the clique.

So the clique is you and err and..err and...err, wots his face and err......Well it's a quiet time of year and I'm sure there will be others soon.

Luvvly jubbly, I've now got a monkey to spend.................[:)]