There was no conspirecy

Pads

[quote user="Chris Head"]There are no simple facts, only what you've all been fed and read in the press, the truth is only known to those who know the truth. To shoot down anyones opinion is crasse, nobody knows what happened.[/quote]

So let's not discuss anything then...........seems to be the best way these days.

We all know for afcat that the French have said the chap was 3 times over the limit, a blood test as proved it was his sample and again it showed someone 3 times over the limit we know the rourte it took...OK so far ?  We know it went in the tunnel too fast, that tunnel has a terrible entrance and the experts have shown how the car crashed, no seat belts, still OK ?  We know from witnesses, that because of the presence of the paparazzi, they changed the route at the last minute. We have seen all this both in the press and on TV, aren't many other places for us mere mortals to get ones views from.

The SAMU act differently to the way we are used to seeing ambulance staff act here. Diana then died in tragic circumstances, that has been shown in video and in eveidence given by those involved.

William and Harry has said that his Mother had never shown any concern about her health or danger and have said they believe implicity in Lord Stevens findings.

No one is demeaning any other side but some of us are putting the other side and none of that is speculation, unless one still believes in the conspiracy theory and the facts found out at great length by the Stevens inquiry are just not true, which means an awful lot of people are now involved in witholding the supposed truth and does anyone here, truly believe, that so many people can be kept quiet............................sorry, totally impossible, like it or not, it was tragic accident.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Dick Smith"]OK Chris. The oracle has spoken...
[/quote]

I'm just a little more open minded in life Dick. The media are there to serve folk who hear what they want to hear, the media are fed and they in turn feed the consumer. I'm not so naive.

I repeat, nobody knows the truth.

But Mohamed al Fayed says they were murdered by the British establishment because they couldn't accept a member of the English royalty was pregnant by a Muslim - and there has been a cover-up conspiracy. And he is always right, after all.

Chris - the truth is that if Princess Diana had put her safety belt on she would probably be alive today - she bears some culpability in all of this which is very unpopular among those who wish to elevate her to a state of almost martyrdom.

If you were really wanting to kill someone, in all truth wouldn't you pick a more accurate method ? Especially if you suspect that the CIA or MI 5/6( which one ? can't remember) were involved - a touch amateur isn't it ? I think the idea of conspiracy is so unlikely that it isn't worth spending one more penny on it, let it rest and let her sons get on with their lives.

The concerning thing is that history shows that serial murderers often 'disappear' for a while and may not be caught in the short term (with the potential for further crimes) - I sincerely hope that I'm wrong.  What saddens me (apart from the obvious tragedy of it all) is the banal nature of the media questionning.  I can completely understand the intense media interest, but questions like (as on today's lunchtime News), "What does the discovery of five bodies in the close proximity of Ipswich tell you?" (I paraphrase somewhat).  The senior officer was at a loss for words.

Returning to the original thread, my personal view is that there's a bit of truth on 'both sides'.  A dreadful accident, brought about by a drunk driver.  However, I don't doubt that 'HM Govt' was keeping a close eye on what was going on with the Diana situation - it would have been less than ecstatic at the idea of Dodi Fayed (however good a bloke he might have been) as stepfather to a future King.  Stephens could never have printed that, though the reality (if true & talked about) would easily fuel the conspiracy theories. 

[quote user="Miki"][quote user="Russethouse"]

And they all have a bet on Shergar [;-)]

[/quote]

Can you tell me the odds for the Arc de Triomphe, can't see them on Betfair ?

[/quote]

Hmmm - I'll just get my Chrystal ball.............what price is Kualto Star,(sp) anti post for Boxing Day ?

Chris, Was Shergar a grey ? I can't remember, Miki will know..............

[quote user="Russethouse"][quote user="Miki"][quote user="Russethouse"]

And they all have a bet on Shergar [;-)]

[/quote]

Can you tell me the odds for the Arc de Triomphe, can't see them on Betfair ?

[/quote]

Hmmm - I'll just get my Chrystal ball.............what price is Kualto Star,(sp) anti post for Boxing Day ?

Chris, Was Shergar a grey ? I can't remember, Miki will know..............

[/quote]

Not anything like a grey............ Tut tut, the horse that won the 1981 Derby by something like 10 lengths and you don't know the colour. Shergar  was a beautiful Bay with a wonderful white blaze.................

Kautos Star is now odds on. I luckily got good odds just before Kautos warm up, two races ago and I bet with Betfair, to keep the bookies sweaty hands off my hard earned dosh and to hopefully gain a little better odds [;-)]

[quote user="Miki"]..... Tut tut, the horse that won the 1981 Derby by something like 10 lengths and you don't know the colour. Shergar  was a beautiful Bay with a wonderful white blaze.................

[/quote]

OMG was that 1981? I was there! It's the only time in my entire life I've been to a horse race and I had a bet on Glint of Gold to come second and actually won some money (not much, but hey!)

Thing I cannot understand is what Mohamed al Fayed is hoping to achieve now. Does he want the British tax payer to continue to spend a fortune investigating things that have already been thoroughly investigated (at great expense) ? Can he not admit to himself that his son was involved in a tragic accident (and sadly seems to happen to people on occasions) ? How come he knows all this stuff yet medical science cannot find it (e.g. Diana was pregnant by his son).

He (al Fayed) seems to be making loads of claims yet providing no evidence.

Sad aspect of life but accidents happen. More likely when driver has drunk too much. Even more likely when road is difficult. Even more likely when driving far too fast, etc.

Ian

Mohamed al Fayad is quite possibly still smarting over the UK government's refusal to allow him to become a British citizen. In addition, since he employed the inebriated driver he may bear vicarious liability for the accident. What better way to disguise the banal reality of yet another death resulting from drunk driving than to create a smokescreen which will obscure him? He knows that there are plenty of people around who prefer the romance of conspiracy theory to the coldness of truth.

The best analysis of this particular incident I have heard goes something like this:

• Most likely causes of fatal accidents in Paris:       Excess speed

• Most hazardous driver state                                Drunk

• Most dangerous time in Paris:                             Saturday night

• Most dangerous roads in Paris:                           Riverside expressways

In this case ALL FOUR of these conditions were present. It is possible, however, that Mr Paul swerved to avoid hitting Shergar being ridden by Elvis through the tunnel.

The paparazzi are ultimately to blame.  Hounded mercilessly by hordes of them, she was always trying to escape and have a private life.  Unfortunately, the drunk driver who thought he could outrun them was fatally wrong.

The bast-ards were there when it happened, they know they caused it, but they couldn't even let her die privately.

Patrick