Adverse reactions to different drinks!!

ali-cat

Having just finished a bottle of Chardonnay, I wondered if anyone else has any strange reactions to certain drinks.  If we both drink Chardonnay, together (not a blend with any other grape) we always end up sticking on a few Beatles records & having a fight (usually over the old story of "is John a better singer than Paul?)!! 

Thankfully, tonight, Mark's on the red stuff - so we should be ok!!  [:-))]

Is it just us - & will I regret posting this tomorrow morning?!!

Get onto Pinot Grigio quick!

Really, I have a friend that is very 'feisty' when she has Chardonnay and it is because she has an allergic reaction to something, possibly the type of grape ?  She can only drink Pinot Grigio without an adverse reaction.

[quote user="Frederick"] .... if you drink too much .[/quote]

I think you've nailed it here, Frederick.

I haven't drunk any spirits for many many years, but I can't remember why.[:$]

OH drinks very limited amounts of Whisky. He can't remember why, but I can, hence the Restraining Order. [;-)]

Saddie, if you don't get hangovers, and no one has ever taken you gently to one side and mentioned your behaviour the night before, then it's possible that you don't drink too much.

What do you think too much is?

Edit: I'm assuming there is no loss of memory on your part.

[quote user="Tresco"]

Saddie, if you don't get hangovers, and no one has ever taken you gently to one side and mentioned your behaviour the night before, then it's possible that you don't drink too much.

What do you think too much is?

Edit: I'm assuming there is no loss of memory on your part.

[/quote]

Oh yes I am aware of what too much is. I can drink say a third of a bottle of gin in an evening and have no bad effects. I blame my Irish ancestory but I think that is an excuse.

Mind you, I don't get headaches either. I have never had earache in my life and have had toothache twice both of which times resulted in a tooth removal..

Maybe I am an alien

[quote user="ali-cat"]

If we both drink Chardonnay, together (not a blend with any other grape) we always end up sticking on a few Beatles records & having a fight (usually over the old story of "is John a better singer than Paul?)!! 

[/quote]

I think John is a better singer than the present Paul, but was about as good as the original Paul[geek]

[quote user="Ford Anglia"][quote user="ali-cat"]

If we both drink Chardonnay, together (not a blend with any other grape) we always end up sticking on a few Beatles records & having a fight (usually over the old story of "is John a better singer than Paul?)!! 

[/quote]

I think John is a better singer than the present Paul, but was about as good as the original Paul[geek]

[/quote]

It's funny ..... sober, I know it's Paul ....... but after a few drinks, I tend to get a little emotional & lean towards John!!

[quote user="ali-cat"][quote user="Ford Anglia"][quote user="ali-cat"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's funny ..... sober, I know it's Paul ....... but after a few drinks, I tend to get a little emotional & lean towards John!!

[/quote]

Nah...........the imposter Paul never could sing, or write songs. All IMHO, of course. Now the original Paul was a different kettle of fish........

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

Unfortunately I can have a very bad adverse reation to just one drink.[+o(]

but I don't know if it's the 13th or the 14th one [8-)]

[/quote]

It only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth.

[:D]

G Burns

[quote user="Cassis"]Katie - I've just noticed you've put the "y" in your signature.  What brought that on?  I always thought your sig was some sort of ironic statement about Michel Thomas!
[/quote]

So you knew it was wrong as well Cassis and you didn't tell me?[:(].  I bet you would nudge your friends and laugh if I came out of the toilet with the end of the loo roll tucked in my knickers.

Max, the happy hunting Parisien picked me up on it the other day.