Ill and bored

Meg

Got a  cold. Bored already. What are you supposed to do when ill?? 

Himself just made me a honey and lemon drink but refuses to do porridge and is about to abandon me to go do some work. Can someone come round and give me sympathy and attention or do i have to get my Mum to come over?? I have also run out of ibuprofen.

Sorry to hear you're feeling rotten, M&M&d!!  I hate colds - they sound like little insignificant illness's, but can totally wipe you out.  Unfortunately I can't call round to see you (as I have no idea where you live) - but will be thinking about you & hoping that nasty, abandoning hubby of yours makes you porridge for lunch. [:D]

MM&D, sorry to hear you are ill. I have just got over some sort of bug so know how terrible you must be feeling if it is the same. [:(] I hope you feel better and back on your feet very soon, the moles need your help. [:)]

fank woo. I made my own prodiggy and it was yucky wucky.

Just watched the smurfs in French [blink], and the Jeremy Kyle show (in English). Where's Trisha gone??? I think only Phil and Fern can help now.

BORED!!

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]Get some comfort food inside you.  Mine is Heinz tomato soup (nothing else will do), large can all to myself with bread and butter.[/quote]

That is EXACTLY what I have for comfort food when I feel ill!!  It's the only thing that works for me - or appeals when I'm sicky bad!! [:-))]

Hope the TV improves for you M&M&d!!  Curl up on the sofa & keep your tissues handy ....... [kiss]

Sorry you're under the weather Megs.[:(] Have a mug of hot milk & whisky, will help you sweat it out. Or if strong enough, it'll just anaesthetise you!!![;-)] BTW, Heinz tommy soup is my comfort food too, with some grated cheddar in. Yum!

[quote user="Meg and Mog and dog"]

Just watched the smurfs in French [blink], and the Jeremy Kyle show (in English). Where's Trisha gone??? I think only Phil and Fern can help now.
[/quote]

Megs, I'm not convinced your illness is entirely physiological.[Www][6][;-)]

I want tommy soup [:(]

I have found a bottle of lucozade from last trip back to UK which i hid away. Always have to have it when ill!

Got himself doing me some pasta for lunch! (under protest......)

Which bit worries you Tresc?? It's the smurfs isn't it? Cash in the attic now...........

People give me the same sh** about my DVDs too cooperlola, but then they forget that there is a very long wet winter here and that I don't have telly. By the way, have you got Yangtse Incident or one of its manifestations.

regards,

Tag

Tag i think you forgot to say something nice to me. This is an attention seeking thread you know!!!

Just survived a trip into town. Got some whiskey though. Jay with milk though??? [+o(] Are you sure?? I think i'll go for it with honey and lemon and hot water. Is it too early to have one yet?

Right a film it is then...........

[quote user="Tag"]

By the way, have you got Yangtse Incident or one of its manifestations.

regards,

Tag

[/quote]As far as I know it has never had a DVD release and the VHS version is long off the market.

Hope you're feeling a bit better, Meg...  Don't want to drift from the subject of this thread.[;-)]

[quote user="Meg and Mog and dog"] Just survived a trip into town. Got some whiskey though. Jay with milk though??? [+o(] Are you sure?? I think i'll go for it with honey and lemon and hot water. Is it too early to have one yet?
[/quote]

Well done Megs, now get some whisky down you! I did say with hot milk & you can add a bit of sugar, it works a treat. Although, I don't like whisky so sometimes I have Cognac or rum in hot chocolate instead!!![:-))] 

Let your imagination run wild on this storyline http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/2/937670/ShowPost.aspx#937670

I can't wait to read the next installment! [:D]

The sun is putting on an appearance today and it's quite warm now. I've sorted the geraniums out, ready to plant, weeded the flower border and managed to put off the ironing (sheets for the gite) for another day!

The semi-wild cat has decided the grass is dry enough to walk through and she's pestering me to keep her company outside... She 's watching out for lizards and I don't think she's noticed the eggs in the nest have hatched yet...

Hope this will cheer you up a bit [:D]

[quote user="cooperlola"]Meg I should just try all the above suggested alcoholic remedies, one after the other, and you'll be so ratted you'll forget you have a cold.[/quote]

& if you still feel rotten after all those - have a hot Port!!  Works for me - in that I fall alseep & just wake up when Mark brings me food!! [:D]  I'm also a firm believer in the "feed a cold" saying - so no matter what's wrong with me, I say I have a cold!! [:-))]  Hope you get better very soon.

i don't have the brain power clair!! Glad you're having a nice day though!!

Right whisky seems to be hitting the spot!!!  What time will Mark be bringing my dinner ali?? I'm hungry again and only just eaten cheese on toast! Jeremy Kyle is back on!!!

Keep eating - you'll get better, much quicker.  Unfortunately we're having a salad tonight - probably not what you'd be looking for ..... or I could get Mark to whip you up one of his georgeous, creamy, spicy curries, if you like?!! [:D]