Handbag

Hoddy

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

I counted my handbags to-day - I have 26!

Is this a record?

[/quote]

Well, it beats me - just!

I love handbangs and bought yet another in the sale yesterday, though my husband made me chose between two that I wanted (they were quite expensive ones in Les Galleries though)  [:@]

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Yesterday I counted my socks without the other sock.  There are twenty-six and I have filled three handbags with them.

[/quote]

Now come on either you have small handbags or big socks. It is a well known fact that Handbags are bottomless.

(I love this thread)[:D]

Shoe collection is a long term commitment.  Handbags come and go, but shoes....................[:D]

I have one pair that are 26 years old and still stunning, but I have shoes for every occasion and every outfit, varied colours, heel types, sparkly ones, ethnic indian bridal slippers.  Endless combinations.   That does not mean that I will not add to the collection in France - a gal cannot have too many shoes - because I discovered the TWO shoe superstores outside Alencon and I succumbed to the lure of this glorious pair of red polka dot stunners that I simply had to have -unquestionably!   Hubby has learned that he has got a lot of shoe storage to build into our new home in France in order to house the Collection.

By the way, I prowl about the car boot sales in my search for the Sassy Shoe Acquisitions.  You would be amazed what I have found and they are not expensive buying that way, yet the satisfaction is wearing something you know looks fabulous regardless of only costing a fiver maybe and other women DO notice beautiful shoes I assure you.

I am as you may have guessed, a Shoe-aholic!!   And in reply Trumpet, sometimes I won't wear a particular pair for years and then an occasion occurs and I think "Aha!  I have just the shoes for that." - saves all that panic when you have a wedding or somewhere to go cos findng the outfit is bad enough for we girlies.  [kiss]

Framboise, yesterday I went to IKEA here in the UK to look at some storage ideas and saw just the thing. It is new and wonderful! [:)]

It easily screws onto either side of the cupboard to slide in and out and you can stack as many as you can fit in with each one holding sixteen pairs of shoes. You would only need five to hold your eighty pairs!  If the two sizes offered are the wrong dimensions it may be worth having a cupboard custom made. [:D] 

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60120924

[quote user="Hoddy"]Mine only has essentials in it. Perhaps yours is the same Tenniswitch ? Hoddy[/quote]

Mine has only those things I consider essential: filofax, cellphone, bifocals (or bifocal sunglasses, depending on which pair I'm wearing), small cosmetics pouch, very small collapsing umbrella, keys.  The sad thing is that I recently pared down the essentials (have no idea what it weighed before), and the current weight includes my US keys, not my much heavier French keys.

No wonder my shoulders hurt sometimes.

I don't understand how anyone manages without all this.