Happiness is...................

mint

Have been thinking that there are a few sad threads on the forum lately and so I think I'll start a thread about that sudden feeling of sheer happiness that floods your whole being when you least expect it.  You know, when you are painting (your house or a picture) and you find yourself whistling or humming and totally lost in what you are doing.  You stop for a few seconds and you think, "God, I'm just SO happy!"

My own feeling of total happiness occurred recently.  After waiting for 5 months, our cooker finally got delivered and installed.  It was the evening of the France England rugby match and I had delivered the OH to the bar tabac in town so that he could watch "in the right atmosphere".

I wasn't doing anything mindblowing; in fact, I wasn't even drinking as I had to go get the OH back after the match.  I was just preparing a big stew (perhaps "pot au feu" sounds more French) and I was just browning the meat, chopping up the veg and feeding the bois charbon part of the cooker with logs from the garden.

I suddenly thought, "I'm happy as Larry!"  And that was it!  Nothing out of the ordinary,  Just a joie de vivre moment.

Anyone care to share their "moments" and send in a post?  

I can Sweet 17.  At the end of last month my very best friend and her husband from the States suddenly turned up at the gate one evening completely out of the blue.  We have known each other for about thirty-five years (goodness!), from when we worked together in an office in Paris.  We often saw them when they came over to France and we went to the States once to see them.  Instead of writing we used to send each other silly recordings.  Then the last few years we lost contact.  So they wanted to surprise us and just turned up.  It was just as if we had seen each other the week before, that's what it's like with real friends.  They are few and far between and something very valuable, that's what I just realised.  You are very lucky if you have one.

Kate stayed on on her own in Paris and I went in to see her for the day on the TGV.  We had lunch in a little restaurant on the Ile Saint Louis and walked around the Marais.  We never stopped talking and it was the most wonderful day I have had for a long time.  Now we email each other nearly every day.  I bet she'll be back next year !   [:)]

Hoddy

Is the "Joy" in the title the American lady who entered the dusty, academic and emotionally-starved world of CS Lewis?  Has it anything to do with the film and the play about their relationship that was shown on TV a few years back? 

.......................................just enjoying your life with what you've got.

Get up early and watch a sunrise............ (it's puts life and its problems into perspective).

Nice one Sweet...................................................[kiss][kiss]

... to be back in France where I was 2 weeks ago today [:D]  It was just the most wonderful day [:D] [:$]

Otherwise seing my children doing well in their lives. After the struggles it kind of puts the cherry atop the cake.

Woops! I forgot that 25 years ago today, I was giving birth to my son : a 9lbs 8oz bundle of joy [:D] That was another very happy day in my life (and also when my daughter was born)   Unfortunately [:(] Son&Heir is not at home today to celebrate (not until Xmas!) but deep down in some mine somewhere in Bongobongoland.

Never mind [:D] I shall have a glass of bubbly all on my own to wish him a Happy Bathday!!  [:D]   Cheers son![:D]

Walking along the beach watching the sun rise while the dogs run in and out of the water and realising how beutiful the world is all over again.

Hearing my husbands car pulling into the drive after hes been away for 6 months and seeing the animals sence its him and get all excited.

And just knowing how lucky I am to have  the things and life I have with my loverly husband, I get a little burst of hapiness from that everyday even during recent hard and unhappy times.  

• 4 weeks later...

Assessing the size of my woodpile!

Watching the dog grind to a halt and look nonchalant, when I have caught her (again) chasing the cat.

Watching the cat get his own back by cosying up to the dog, lulling her into a false sense of security, some short time later, and then giving her a wack to remind her who's boss.

Similar to Ms Animal, seeking out an old friend I went to university with and haven't seen for close to 10 years, and then getting a phone call from her, an hour away in France .....    Sadly, the night passed so quickly, and we drank far too much so neither of us can actually remember if we managed to 'catch up' at all !!!    We always said that we would meet at least every ten years, and never lose touch.   This time it won't be 10 more years !  

Finding I had achieved a distinction in my hard fought for distance learning degree.

Watching OH sail into the local tabac on his first try at actually saying something in French.   Having sat in the car rehearsing with him, hallo I would like to buy .. bla bla, for about half an hour before.   Overcome with excitement and nervousness as the moment finally arrived he rushed in through the door, tripped over, sailed past the woman at the counter, yelling bonjooooooooooooooooooooooooooour ..and landed flat on his face in front of several customers..   Needless to say, he never completed the sentence, just shuffled out again.     Ah priceless, a good laugh !

It was cold and wet and very windy one night last week, but me and Josephine were snuggled up in our bed all lovely and warm,  looking at a flower book, picking out the flowers we were dreaming of growing in our wild Atlantic garden in the spring.  The next thing, John (me pug) leaps up onto the bed and makes himself comfy sat between me and the quare one. Then after picking out all our plants from the flower book, we all cuddle upto each other and watch Darby O'Gill and the Leprechauns on the telly. We were so contented and all seemed well in the whole wild world [:)]