For what position would you like to apply?

Kitty

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miss Missy , or should I call you Miss Hissy-fit.  Miss Frenchie is a GOOD choice and the Academy will be safe in her hands (I think).

I shall be away from Saturday morning but at the stroke of midnight tonight, Miss Frenchie, OBE, will be Acting Headmistress.

Lady C

There is something deliciously salacious about a thread entitled "For what position would you like to apply" with posts by someone called Frenchie. Could almost be on one of those postcards.Takes me back to my early days in Paris when I was young, living was cheap and we had so much funnnnnnnn.

Ah! Miss(Mr) Wooly est ici!!

Frenchie [:D]  Elle est la Vice Mistress of the school. She is Lady C's right hand at the job [Www]

alors Miss(Mr) Wooly ... ermm.... est-ce que vous êtes ... Miss[:$] ou Monsieur [:$] Me permettez vous to have a little 'peep' I will close the curtain as one can not be distracted by the view from the windows....  

Hey what is that now ? Things happening behind  curtains ? [:-))]

Oh dear ... I think I'm gonna have a tough time these days tryuing to keep control of the academy..

You can't rely on young ladies these days !!

You go to bed now , just like me, and you leave this .. man ? woma,n ? .anyway.. this person .. alone !!

C'est pas croyable !!!!

[8-)]

Now that Lady C has charged me with "doing something" about the bike sheds, I am of a mind to close them completely in Lady C's absence.

By her own admission, Miss Frenchie is having a difficult time keeping control in her position as Vice.

Now, it's not only Miss Wooly that I have my suspicions about.  Has anyone seen the glint in M. Pierre's eye whenever it alights on Miss Wooly?  Confidentially, I overheard M. Pierre on the phone booking a chalet in Chamonix.  On being questioned, he told me that he was taking Miss Wooly away for a "spot of skiing and après ski" for the Christmas holidays so that they can both feel refreshed for the start of term.  That's all as maybe.  But, if (and I admit it is a big "if"), Miss Wooly is really Mr Wooly (as Miss Missy alleges), then what are we to make of this proposed skiing escapade? 

As to those bike sheds, I have also seen M. Pierre and Miss Wooly emerging from them on more than one occasion.  I fear there might have been some hanky-panky or, comment dire en français, Miss Frenchie, "mouchoirs-pouchiors"!

As if all this isn't bad enough, Lady C has told me in strictest confidence that the fees have not been coming in as fast as she would like and that, consequently, staff might not get paid at all for the forseeable future.  Of course, as Bursar, this is not my problem; I shall undoubtedly be able to find the funds for a small pittance for myself.

Also, if anyone does wish me to open up the bike sheds for them, I am certain we can come to some little arrangement.  Mind you, I will say this ONLY once, that I will take ONLY cash (no cheques and certainly no credit cards).

[quote user="sweet 17"]Has anyone seen the glint in M. Pierre's eye whenever it alights on Miss Wooly?  Confidentially, I overheard M. Pierre on the phone booking a chalet in Chamonix. 

[/quote]

He's not called Pierre XXX for nothing.

Mother Tresco. MD. FRCS.

M. Pierre?  Well, how can I put this delicately?  I will only say that unlike Tony Blair, M. Pierre is not what you might call a "straight sort of a guy" (ref.  TB's famous interview wearing a blue shirt, "I'm a straight sort of a guy, what you see is what you get")

Believe me, M. Pierre and "Miss" Wooly are NOT what they seem.  More than one member of staff already suspects Miss Wooly.  But M. Pierre, so far, has escaped suspicion.

Really, there is no great mystery; nothing that a gloved hand (Matron's naturally) will not dispel.

May i just add a comment here, what with compulsory leg shortening and now we may not get paid our salary if the funds are not available, then i will be forced to hand in my resignation if i am unable to collect my monies for the christmas celebrations. I have not taken this decision lightly but i feel i must get paid or i will be unable to fulfil my obligations as miss santa claus at the staff christmas party. I am sure the masters of the school especially, will be very disappointed as they have chosen my undergarments this year.

Awaiting your response.............

For the moment there seems to be no rebellion in the air..  The girls are in class, no one ' s aware of the pb with salaries ..

I have one girl in detention tomorrow morning, I will watch her myself ... [blink]

But we ll have to be very careful for tonight..  

Until I find out the truth about Wooly and  Mr Pierre... they are strictly forbidden to go to the girls dorms, for whatever reason, and please can someone watch the bike shed !!

[;-)]

There you go again, Miss Geordie, always on about money.  You are just so...........mercenary!  In an establishment such as ours, the word "money" is only mentioned in the hushest tones.  Have you no sense of what is de rigeur and what is definitely infra dig?

Anyway, all right then.  I will see what I can do to extract.........er, that is persuade some of the more shady staff members to top up the school coffers.

M. Pierre, for instance, he is from the Low Countries, wherever THEY may be.  I understand that his people are from the Belgian nobility and he numbers several Counts amongst his relations.  Now, if we can only find out why he left his previous post in an exclusive BOYS' school, he might be able to put it to his relatives that the good name of their family  is worth paying a sum of money to keep.

As for Miss Wooly, she, too, is descended from a family of ample means (albeit the hearsay is that she was born on the wrong side of the blanket).  Now, BEFORE she was MISS Wooly, she had some sort of very expensive surgery of a cosmetic and most delicate kind in Switzerland.  In fact, I was just reading a tome penned by her erstwhile surgeon which is entitled, "Surgical Procedures for the Enhancement of......"

Yes, who's that knocking on my door?  Come in!  Ah, there you are, Miss Frenchie, and how is the vice squad getting along round those bike sheds?

Miss Geordie, as you see, I am much in demand this evening.  I really have no time to consider your request.  Besides I am expecting a group of parents in my study for drinks and nibbles.  Now these are amongst the wealthiest parents we have on our books, so time to go and butter them up and be at my most sycophantic.  So, if you'll excuse me.....................

What, you want to know the name of that surgical book?  Now, let me see, it was called, oh dear, the name escapes me at present.  Suppose some other staff member supplies me with the name?

I have the regret to say that one of our students was expelled this evening.. It will hopefully set an example..

She was caught with a young man from the neighbourhood;.. behind the bike shed " in a mutual discovery scheme " ( that s how I put it ) .

Our academy has the highest reputation, and , with your precious help , I'm in charge of maintaining it ...

I've not been invited to the nibble and drinks ... [8-)]

[:D]

Yours faithfully ,  Frenchie ..   

Miss sweet, please note i am talking in hushed tones but if i don`t get any money then i cannot buy the gifts for the girls`christmas shindig. I am buying the gifts out of my own pocket..............hence i need my wages...........My miss santa costume has just arrived and everything but the gifts is ready. I need to shop for them tomorrow. So it isn`t because i am mercenary but because i am such a kindhearted and generous soul  [:$]

[quote user="Geordie girl"]Miss sweet, please note i am talking in hushed tones but if i don`t get any money then i cannot buy the gifts for the girls`christmas shindig. I am buying the gifts out of my own pocket..............hence i need my wages...........My miss santa costume has just arrived and everything but the gifts is ready. I need to shop for them tomorrow. So it isn`t because i am mercenary but because i am such a kindhearted and generous soul  [:$][/quote]

Eyeglasses  Magnifying Glass