Bored with the Olympics already

AnOther

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've all noticed of course that you cannot watch the Olympics live from the BBC for example - which is fair enough as far as it goes, but now it seems you cannot access any of the video news clips either due to some restrictions or other. A taste of Chinese media/marketing control perhaps?

Anyway, I watched it live on the TV and thought the opening ceremony was amazing - it's all the running round the track n stuff that'll  send me to sleep. Motor and horse racing has the same effect on me as well in that it all seems rather pointless watching folks go round in circles. Now Morris dancing.. ...that's wonderful :-) Maybe they can make that into a Olympic event along with Musical Chairs? Ah yes, and synchronised swimming - who the heck thought that one up? Complete bonkers.

That's my morning moan over with, have a nice day ya'll.

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]Seems all very straight forward actually - if you're bored with it, don't agree with it, don't watch it, if you're interested then watch it.[/quote]

I've managed to miss it so far.  I'll turn off the "watch topic" button now.  [:D]

It is all very well saying " don't watch it " but what happens when one is addicted to it and the other cannot stand it.  OH is obssesed with it and I am getting angrier and angrier as I am sick of it being on from early morning until we go to bed. We have a small prtable TV in the kitchen and he stands about 2 " away from it for hours on end. He is almost inside the TV and I honestly cannot understand how anyone can be that interested. Another  16 days to go  URGHHHHHHH !!!!!!  we will be divorced by then.

When it comes to the opening ceremoney..... I suppose in London we will just wheel out the guards band and have her majesty  do a lap of the arena is a horse drawn coach  behind them ....and somebody will hand her a box of matches to light the torch ?   Or do you want to see loads of money spent trying to outdo this lot ?