HE'S MADE IT !!

Frenchie

If anyone can find the acceptance speech script , I d be grateful to be sent a link, because I will soon work on the topic of the American elections with my students, and it would be interesting to have this speech..

And I'm also interested in having any newspaper article concerning these elections , especially about the symbolic launching of the campain in Springfield,  Martin Luther King's daughter's reaction ,the TV debate of sept 27th , Sarah Palin's personality/values, etc..  , the neo nazis arrested while they were preparing a racial attack ,  Obama's incarnation of the American dream... ETC ...

Thanks in advance

Régine X

Cat, you seem to be really intent on bringing out the negative. Obviously there are racist nut cases and idiot racist groups like the KKK and certain Nazi groups and even the legitimate BNP in the UK. But this is a very exciting and historical happy time for the majority so I just don't understand the desire to give the nut cases all of your attention at the moment. The majority appears to want to focus on the positive impact this is going to achieve.[:)]

Edit: The blocked word has something to do with a former party affiliated with Germany not a bad word.[8-)]

I wasn't aiming to be overly negative, just agreeing with others about the fears we share for Obama's future safety, and trying to highlight the depth of hatred felt by a minority of people [:(] 

(The blocked word is not a bad word in itself, but the forum software blocks it because Archant also hosts a footie forum on the same servers, where the word is, sadly, sometimes used an an insult).

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

Hey Frenchie, just an idea but you may want to look at John McCain's speech too.

Very dignified in defeat, it did the man a lot of credit I think. 

I'm still glad that he and Moose-Head didn't win though

[/quote]

I agree.

I think they both came out of it with credit.

Cat, point taken. But I still think of this as a very positive and happy time. I have just written on another forum that I don't agree with many of his policies but the significance of this has overshadowed politics for me at least at the moment. This is a very historic and important time.

By the way, I think McCain is a good man, even though I disagreed with many of his economic policies as well. [:)]

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

Hey Frenchie, just an idea but you may want to look at John McCain's speech too.  Yes, of course !!

Very dignified in defeat, it did the man a lot of credit I think. 

I'm still glad that he and Moose-Head didn't win though

[/quote]

Yes, it seems he was fair play .

[quote user="Frenchie"]

If anyone can find the acceptance speech script , I d be grateful to be sent a link, because I will soon work on the topic of the American elections with my students, and it would be interesting to have this speech..

And I'm also interested in having any newspaper article concerning these elections , especially about the symbolic launching of the campain in Springfield,  Martin Luther King's daughter's reaction ,the TV debate of sept 27th , Sarah Palin's personality/values, etc..  , the neo nazis arrested while they were preparing a racial attack ,  Obama's incarnation of the American dream... ETC ...

Thanks in advance

Régine X

[/quote]

This may be of help - it is about Sarah Palin's religious influences. I find it rather frightening, how would French students find it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/25/us/politics/25faith.html?_r=1&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink&oref=slogin

[quote user="Clarkkent"][quote user="Frenchie"]

Thanks in advance

Régine X

[/quote]

This may be of help - it is about Sarah Palin's religious influences. I find it rather frightening, how would French students find it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/25/us/politics/25faith.html?_r=1&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink&oref=slogin

[/quote]

Here you go:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/nov/05/uselections2008-barackobama