No sense of humour or just Grumpy Old Git?

Benjamin

As a French speaker recently arrived in the UK, I couldn't t believe my eyes when I saw a huge sign saying 'free erection' (garden centre in Surrey selling sheds!) and on the other side of the road another sign with 'soft verge'.

But my favourite is still 'heavy plant crossing' - I swear I'll do it one 1st of April!

Our garage also has a sign with  'air con - only £30!' - I can do it for free, no prob.

[quote user="Benjamin"]It may just be me but does anyone else feel that there's a sort of toilet or naughty school boy sense of humout insidiously creeping onto the forum?

[/quote]

On the whole, it doesn't really matter.

[quote user="odile"]As a French speaker recently arrived in the UK, I couldn't t believe my eyes when I saw a huge sign saying 'free erection' (garden centre in Surrey selling sheds!) and on the other side of the road another sign with 'soft verge'.

But my favourite is still 'heavy plant crossing' - I swear I'll do it one 1st of April!

Our garage also has a sign with  'air con - only £30!' - I can do it for free, no prob.
[/quote]

Did you see any Cul-de-Sac signs?

[quote user="Gardian"]

Not really toilet humour, but close.  It's the local newspaper headline:

COUNCILLOR FIGHTS ERECTION IN HIGH ST

[/quote]

Similar t:

A hole has been found smashed in the fence at the local nudist club - the police are looking into it...