Is this forum dead?

Dog

Is this your only source of entertainment? It's all been said before, so why not find an alternative hobby? Have you tried counting your body hair? that should pass an hour or two. You just don't know what to do with yourself, do you? It would be much livelier if Russethouse was not away polishing her Capo di Monte.

funny you should mention those two reasons (was trying to do a scintilla or whatever your name is but have given up)because I have just finished watching Eastenders (which was mostly unbelievable as usual these days - they don't write it like they used to) and my hair is not falling out as it used to because i have gone NO_POO (see money-saving ex-pat section - hair conditioner).

lead by example I say.

Start a new thread which will have everyone writing.

I dare you.

[quote user="baypond"]Maybe people are thinking up new blog names to join that new forum that looks exactly the same as this forum except for the colour.
[/quote]

Funny you should say that, because one of the reasons I like this forum is the colour scheme. Sounds a strange reason, I know, but I find it very restful on the eyes. [:)]

And yes, we need to come up with some provocative (but legal) topics.

Is this your only source of entertainment? It's all been said before, so why not find an alternative hobby? Have you tried counting your body hair? that should pass an hour or two. You just don't know what to do with yourself, do you? It would be much livelier if Russethouse was not away polishing her Capo di Monte.

RH was having a very exciting evening out at the Strictly Come Dancing Live tour - great fun.... throw in a trip to Ikea and a Wimpy and there you have perfection  (well, maybe not the Wimpy !)[Www][Www]

[quote user="Patf"]

[/quote]

The problem is that provocative (but legal) topics, within a very short time lead to insults and 'name calling' as attitudes are or become polarised and posters become totally intransigent and closed minded.

So everyones at a secret society meeting down the ice rink then RH. Apparently you have to wear short skirts, tights and a skimpy top (oooh RH, I like it [;-)]), well that leaves me out then. [8-|]

I wouldn't take much notice of the OP. Him and his new girlfriend have been trying to post about this forum, its membership and its moderation etc over on another new forum (as mentioned elsewhere). Trouble is it all back fired on them a bit (like they didn't get the response they thought they would get) so I think this thread is just trying it on to see who bites while they sit back all smug like thinking they have been extremely clever. So in an indirect way its just a bit old old fashioned trolling. [:D]

As it's too cold to work outside, it's an ideal time for re-decorating and having a clear-out. Found loads of collectables etc that I thought we'd got rid of years ago so roll on the V.G.at St.Meloir at Easter time. At least it's inside a hall and warm. Must go and watch the paint drying.

Regards.

I've been using this Forum for years though three or four system changes when the message counts disappeared etc, need to make a name change, that sort of thing.

It has it's busy periods and its quiet periods.  In the current climate, I'm not surprised things are a bit quiet, fewer people moving here, economic downturn, many people using the Forum have been here for a while and sort of know their way round the system in France.

We've always had trolls and troublemakers, people being provocative or seeming to be purposefully silly, stupid or just bloody minded to get a rise out of the other Forum users.

I don't really care if some threads wander off topic and end up in the suggestive stuff, I don't have to read them.  Not that I have any problem if that's what people want to do, just can't see the point really in a Forum.

And I'm now pretty good at looking at who's posting and deciding whether it's somebody I want to respond to.

As for people flaming this Forum on other fora, well, to quote the original Old Bill, if you know a better 'ole, go to it.  If you don't like the way this place is run, instead of trying to argue every point in public or trying to find ways round the rules by posting oblique references to other threads, why not just abandon this place as a bad experience and move on?

FK.  Couldn't help noticing you're not feeling yourself just lately.  There has been talk about owl Cynth, meerkats, giraffes and now trolls.  You've been so busy that the quare one has put your sofa up for sale here.  Nice bit of pointing though, couldn't have been done by O'Toole with the wonky eye!

PS had to do a bit of editing as talk and yak got a bit mixed up

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Patf"]

[/quote]

The problem is that provocative (but legal) topics, within a very short time lead to insults and 'name calling' as attitudes are or become polarised and posters become totally intransigent and closed minded.
[/quote]

Can't be aimed at me - I am always totally intransigent and closed minded.

John

[quote user="Quillan"]

So everyones at a secret society meeting down the ice rink then RH. Apparently you have to wear short skirts, tights and a skimpy top (oooh RH, I like it [;-)]), well that leaves me out then. [8-|]

I wouldn't take much notice of the OP. Him and his new girlfriend have been trying to post about this forum, its membership and its moderation etc over on another new forum (as mentioned elsewhere). Trouble is it all back fired on them a bit (like they didn't get the response they thought they would get) so I think this thread is just trying it on to see who bites while they sit back all smug like thinking they have been extremely clever. So in an indirect way its just a bit old old fashioned trolling. [:D]

[/quote]

As usual it's a conspiracy - it's a troll - yawn.

[quote user="Quillan"]

[/quote]

As usual it's a conspiracy - it's a troll - yawn....

[quote user="NormanH"]We heard you the first time..[:)]
[/quote]

Sorry doubled up and because you replied it will not allow me to delete it.

It's interesting that the 'puter won't allow you to delete a posting if there has been a reply.

Loads seem to have disappeared with replies?

[quote user="Weedon"]

FK.  Couldn't help noticing you're not feeling yourself just lately.  There has been talk about owl Cynth, meerkats, giraffes and now trolls.  You've been so busy that the quare one has put your sofa up for sale here.  Nice bit of pointing though, couldn't have been done by O'Toole with the wonky eye!

PS had to do a bit of editing as talk and yak got a bit mixed up

[/quote]

Dearest Burt, I have not been feeling meself for a long time now! Infact, the last time I did that, I was about 17. I do like to change me settee at regular intervals, do you lot not get fed up looking at the same owl settee day in and day out? I am looking at aquiring a Florence Knoll now that Jonathon Ross has a Hoffman.

There once was a time when I would change my sofa at the drop of a hat, but being an old geezer nowadays I have to put up with the old one poking its business up my khyber. Have you ever had that Furry?  It’s not very comfortable I can tell you.  Only the other evening I was watching the world news and the state of the money meerkats, and for the life of me I couldn’t work out the Chinese position.  It must have been those owl springs spoiling my concentration.

[quote user="Weedon"]

There once was a time when I would change my sofa at the drop of a hat, but being an old geezer nowadays I have to put up with the old one poking its business up my khyber. Have you ever had that Furry?  It’s not very comfortable I can tell you.  Only the other evening I was watching the world news and the state of the money meerkats, and for the life of me I couldn’t work out the Chinese position.  It must have been those owl springs spoiling my concentration.

[/quote]

Burt, have you ever heard of settee pleasure? Me and the one have our usual morning dance on the 3 seater sofa, and then we have our evening dance on the 2 seater (much more difficult and quite dangerous if you're a novice)