Carol Thatcher and the G word.

Gastines

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="kizzy"]

Locked myself out and can't get back in . So new account.

Sorry Tegwini I did misread what you had written yesterday. I know she is English and therefore different, but she had previously just fitted in at school and her origins never came into it. We not trying to be French or ashamed to be English - but at school children do just want to slot in.

I think Furry Knickers has got it absolutely right.  We don't call people names because of any handicaps anymore, can we all  accept that the word spastic became a term of abuse which was why the Spastics Society changed it's name.

[/quote]

NO  WE  DON'T     and teachers certainly shouldn't

RH  do you have a child or friend who has a lisp, or another disability,  and constantly mocked for it?  This is silly!

Criticise people for their behaviour, the way they deal with life and people- but not a physical disability. Please and thank you.

You are taking this in a context it wasn't meant - no one is mocking anyone, but if Tegwini finds it annoying she is free to say so, she is not mocking or being rude about the person. For example, my daughter bites her nails, they are her nails she can bite them if she likes but I'm allowed to be annoyed by it. (and I am)

I'm not debating the point with you any more Odile, you seem determined to look for trouble, problems and offense at every turn and I have better things to do.

Perhaps Miss C.T's sacking shows how the Government and the controlled BBC is bringing back rascism? With the strikes about the Italian/Spanish workers,complaints about the Poles remaining for the available benefits and the Travellers getting special rights and treatment, it seems the powers that be are making rascism more of an issue. I used to go all over UK refurbishing the interiors of a furniture chains superstores. I used to make a point of using local labour for many obvious reasons but two instances come to mind.In Scotland,working  in Dundee & Aberdeen my wife who used to do some of the chasing around had several instances of total unhelpful staff in building suppliers etc. as we were from England. In Wales I was warned off a site,the 2 previous contractors ending up in hospital [I am not joking ] but when I put our board on the site with my very obvious Welsh name on it ,advertising for trades,I had a totally different response. I've worked with many nationalities and in each have found some good,some lazy,some thieves etc and usually ordinary English words with suffice to get rid of the unwanted. As for calling anyone a Golliwog/Wog/Kaffir etc surely we have the Ruling classes to blame for that and the other aspects that the Colonial Rule/Empire are still making the UK pay for.

Regards.

RH your daughter has a choice about biting her nails. I did, as a child but stopped of my own accord. My brother lisped, and still does at the age of 60. He has no choice in the matter.  If saying that it is not fair to make a comment about someone's physical disability being irritating, is 'looking for trouble' - then so be it. It is accept by most people nowadays that this is not acceptable- in this case it was totally gratuitous.

To get back to the Beeb before you all end up on the naughty step, it is such a multi-armed megolith, it is not surprising that the left hand does not control what the left hand is doing (thank god in the case of things like Monty Python for example). I just find that I end up watching mostly Beeb stuff, not that it's that much, but to paraprase Winnie, the Beeb is the worst form of broadcaster, except for all those others that have been tried from time to time, (and except for Dave of course[B])

Thanks Russethouse for bringing some balance to a topic that's gone wonky!

Some members seem to have had a bad week - the snow ? cabin fever ?  Oh, and may I use the word 'wonky' ? Does it have any 'inappropriate' meaning that I have not heard of ?

Cabin fever is easy to sort - I personally shovel snow- c’est necessaire enlever a la pelle!    I don't mind if someone wants to correct this, no accents, sorry,  

But this is a topic that's off topic, and I've had enough of it ,  and the rest,   and will not bother to look at it again!

Regards

Tegwini

After 14,000,000 post on Forums across the world (10,000 of them by Tegwini alone), and acres of trees being cut down to add 17 extra pages to the Torygraph and Wail's letters section, it turns out that Thatcher's daughter didn't actually say the G word at all and its been a big misunderstanding.

What she actually said  was "Gwolly gosh adwian that tennis player looks awfully like the wobertson'e Gwolly rog"[:D][:P] 

So on a technicality she has been reinstated......... as has Wossy [:P]

EDIT  Great fun reading the on line Daily Wail's comments section,  the green arrowed ones are the best, they want Thatcher reinstated whilst calling for Jo Brand to be sacked for suggesting on the BBC in a comedy show that people should post poo to the addresses on the BNP membership list.  Can't have their readers confusing their letters with their daily paper can we [kiss][:P][:D]

According to the BBC news at 6 O'clock tonight she was not sacked at all. It was her last 'piece' for the One Show and they won't be renewing their contract with her for said show.

I understand from both news programs tonight (BBC at 6 and ITV at 6:30) that there are many more TV viewers more upset about an advert being put on just as Everton got their winning goal during last nights FA cup match against Liverpool. Apparently Michael Grade has not only had to apologize to viewers and fans and the FA but also to the Secretary of State who is an Everton fan apparently.

re the adkins rant

Could you repost that again with paragraphs and spaces after the fullstops, I had to get my asthma kit out whilst reading it.  On second thoughts............ don't bother its totally irrelevant to France, the thread and the real world[:P].  It probably also breeches copyright laws.  Best to post a link so that those who are really interested in white power stuff can go and read it there.[8-)]

[quote user="kizzy"]

I've considered it and it's rubbish.

Tom Adkins sound like one bitter man.

[/quote]

Tom Atkins is not a bitter man he has a conservative outlook on life and expects persons of all races to get on with their lives and behave responsibly and not to use their race as a crutch because of political correctness ,liberal legislation and liberal attitudes in western society.

I am not trying to get anything across but simple honest and descent standards in our society. Unfortunately the majority of honest, decent, law abiding persons from all races and religions do not get a proper voice and minorities exploit liberal laws , liberal attitudes and political correctness to the extent that they are heard. most, because they hijack the media.

Basically we all have the same hopes , desires and fears in our everyday lives unless unbalanced in  some way. Globally Western Society is in a minority when it comes to population numbers and if other Societies and Religions do not share similar values we are all heading for conflict without question. Liberal values in Society will lead to there being no proper disciplines and structures and ultimately conflict when there are no common views which are shared.

[quote user="CJR"]

You should all consider this article.

WHITE GUILT IS DEAD 

Tom Adkins is the publisher of CommonConservative.com

The article  has been  deleted due to copywrite regulations

[/quote]

How and why are copyright regulations being breached?

Unless CJR can prove he is the author,

Users must not post messages which:

• Are insulting, abusive, racist, sexist, or derogatory in any way to others, whether they are individuals or companies, users of the Forum or not. This includes material sent via personal e-mails through this forum.

• Threaten, intimidate, victimise or harass others.

• Make libellous comments about individuals or companies, including Living France magazine and FRANCE magazine.

• Contain explicit language or vulgarities (whether written in French, English or any other language)

• Impersonate or represent any person or entity in an attempt to deceive, harass or otherwise mislead another member.

• Incite illegal activity

• Infringe intellectual property rights

• Transmit any material that you don't have the right to transmit under law (such as copyright or trade secrets)

• Link to and/or references content not allowed under these guidelines.

• Use the service in a manner deemed inappropriate by Archant

• Impede or disrupt the flow of the discussions in the Forum