Yippeee Internet works again after 6 months!!!

Dog

It's working but slowly....

Long and boring story...

I have dial up.

Phone line was changed and from then on I could link to the server but no pages would open - just got error messages.

Orange said it was my computer, my modem, my wiring, just about anything they could think of all of which I disproved.

They said I could have broadband and after 3 months it never arrived so I rang and they said give it longer, then said I couldn't have it but could have a faster connection.

I finally went to the Marie who said "Wait" I said I have been waiting nearly six months, how much longer... I won't hold my breath.

They offered to send technichians and made appointments but never turned up.

They had the line checked over and over again.

Bizarely I found I could pick up email through another piece of software.

Now loaded Explorer 8 and it works but slower than 6 months ago.

Now going to look and see if you can buy more modern computers that have inbuilt or external dialup modems.

Happy Days.

Wellcome back, a prolonged absence is a bit like seeing milk bottles build up on a doorstep, not in France of course.

I am worried about another absent forum member, he was outspoken so may well be an ex forum member but he was a cancer sufferer and had other serious health problems, I would like to know if he is OK.

He had been in France for longer than most on the forum.

[quote user="Dog"] I finally went to the Marie who said "Wait" I said I have been waiting nearly six months, how much longer... I won't hold my breath.[/quote]

First of all, welcome back .

Who is this Marie ? [;-)]  Beware, you could be accused of being immoral too ! [:D]

Life without internet is frought with problems....

I was being to think my name was Franz Kafka - trying to get money in Barclays internet accounts moved around was screamingly annoyingly difficult.

Especially when they had invented their own security questions and answers which they hadn't thought to tell me so many calls ended within seconds.

It took weeks before someone at Barclays took pity and finally told me the answers to the security questions and answers they had made up. They were totally fabricated - they reckoned they had taken them from 'files' or I had told them this nonsense.

More worrying was Nationwide an Ebond had matured - they did send a letter saying the money had been put elsewhere until we told them where to put it. When I finally got onto the web two weeks ago from my brothers computer in UK the money had seemingly disappeared!

The branch eventually said we had a 'New Portfolio' (but we couldn't seen it online) - they said they would sort this out but a week later it still couldn't be seen.

Saw another numpty who was slightly more on the ball and accessed the computer at HQ found the money and transferred it to where it could be seen.

I have grave doubts about the way this money disappeared from view. A forgetful person could easily lose this money - or if someone died the executor or partner of the diseased would never know the money was there.

I also moaned about the money Nationwide have wasted over the years sponsoring that inglorious game called football. The branch manager told me my views were unpatriotic as football was the nations game.

I told him since when has patriotism come before giving the saver a better interest rate and that football and UK would not be my first choice to display such a stupid sentiment and why weren't the savers asked before money was handed out to Ltd companies.

I also uncovered a really black comedy being carried out by a dodgy bunch of developers wanting to build nearly a thousand houses on green belt land in Northamptonshire. The developers are hiding behind a charity that is applying for the planning, but really a big bunch of vested interest is behind the development.

There is a campaign against the proposed development but it seems to be run by the same people behind the bid - what a great idea! A real Alan B'stard idea.

The first public consultation by a rather posh estate agents is this weekend - timed to coincide with the Heineken Cup which most blokes will be watching.

Ain't life fun...

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="Frenchie"]

Beware, you could be accused of being immoral too ! [:D]

[/quote]Why, because he does it doggie-fashion?[Www][/quote]

Ohh, that was below the belt......

Hot Dog!!

Welcome back.  We had a similar thing when we moved, fortunately it only took two weeks to sort.  They sent our "equipment" to be collected a week before we arrived then sent it back the day we arrived, it then took two weeks to re send it even though they managed to send it a week early within 24 hours he 1st time.  Then 20 and 32 miles in payg calls to sort it out.  No credit cards would work for top up as we had changed our address and our post code numbers wouldn't work etc etc.

Any way, welcome back, you've been missed.

Ian