Liverpool

idun

I have had a very pleasant surprise. A few days in Liverpool, which I admit I was wondering about, has been wonderful. I had only ever seen the place via the airport bus a few years ago and thought little of it. Marvellous place, much to see and do, great shops, friendly people who were always so helpful, cheap taxis and amazingly I heard quite a few french voices as I wandered the place. Would I recommend it for a little break, YES, I would.

[quote user="Frenchie"]

I love visiting my friend Norman in Liverpool.

Was there for the festive period two years ago, and for the Beatles music festival last year.

Always felt good there, and people are helpful , as idun suggested.

There's something special about that city, deffo. 

[/quote]

I feel obliged to point out that this is not a secret tryst between me and Frenchie..[:D]

[quote user="Frenchie"]

I love visiting my friend Norman in Liverpool.

people are helpful .

There's something special about that city, deffo. 

[/quote]

It's that warm feeling you get when you return to your car .................... to find it on a couple of 4x2's and the wheels missing. [blink]

[quote user="idun"]

Hey, I'm from well north of Watford and it can be very nice thankyou.

Want proof Wooly, next time you are in welsh Wales, head west and have a visit.

[/quote]

Sense of humour bypass ? I was born in Preston and on a good day can even be persuaded that Yorkshire if great. However MU fans should be confined to the media friendly ghettos of Islington. About the only thing the Gallaghers agree on is support for MC

It's a long time since I was in Liverpool. I thought it an exciting, lively place - unlike Manchester which was stuffy and worthy (a bit like the difference between Nottinghan and Leicester).

The waterfront in Liverpool - Pier Head, Liver Building, Cunard Building etc - is a World Heritage Site. But I hear that some property developer wants to throw up skyscrapers which will ruin the visual effect. UNESCO are threatening to remove the world heritage status.